Rally against Northern Gateway today!

Pics from Rally

Anti-Enbridge Rally 9.jpgAnti-Enbridge Rally 8.jpgAnti-Enbridge Rally 5.jpgAnti-Enbridge Rally 7.jpgAnti-Enbridge Rally 2.jpg

Good turn-out of a cross-section of Canadian society - young, middle age, and my age, from those who look to be affluent to the marginalized. Also some representation from First Nations and organized labour. The Canadians attending are fed-up with the political and corporate railroading of the Northern Gateway Pipeline. No speeches from politicos - actually conspicuous in their absence, as were identifiable fishing interests

Last edited by a moderator:
Public pressure is a wonderful thing.

View attachment 3565View attachment 3566View attachment 3567View attachment 3568View attachment 3569

Good turn-out of a cross-section of Canadian society - young, middle age, and my age, from those who look to be affluent to the marginalized. Also some representation from First Nations and organized labour. The Canadians attending are fed-up with the political and corporate railroading of the Northern Gateway Pipeline. No speeches from politicos - actually conspicuous in their absence, as were identifiable fishing interests

Glad you were there Foxsea. I was there too and estimate there were 1500-2000 in attendance. This is only a beginning, and there will be many more steps on this long road. However, I believe there is quite large coalition of environmental groups, First nations, and concerned citizens becoming allied on this issue and we can win through sheer weight of numbers.

Back