radar repair

I used to use a guy in shelter island for all my electronics on my commercial boat and again for our Lodge boats. Parmtronics

thanks. Is that the same Parm who had a repair shop in Pr Rupert we used on our commercial boat years ago?
Not sure on that but I called the number I have and it is out of business

probably easier to just buy new. i doubt any modern radars are repairable except for really really simple things.

Could be an easy fix. What brand and model is it? A few years back I fixed my Furono for $.41 as a diode had failed. Schematics were available online. Scanner had stopped turning and it was part of the motor control circuit. Got me through Johnstone strait last year in the fog just fine.

Furuno model 1621 mark 2- scanner does not rotate,HD-SIG-Miss,BP-SIG-Miss
Oh,cant help you, mine is Raymarime, and did the same, was the mother board in the dome,expensive fix ,900$ to fix,been working great since.

Furuno model 1621 mark 2- scanner does not rotate,HD-SIG-Miss,BP-SIG-Miss
I had a Raymarine that would not rotate and it was just the rubber drive belt slipping. Reminded me of an old 8 track. easy fix with a new belt.
there is a really good Furuno forum where you could post your problem. It is answered by a Furuno tech

Back