Question for Audio Video Geeks

ship happens

Is there an active Balun type video splitter and converter that does DVi-D input that will scale and give you HDMi & VGA output over category cable? I tried googling and went down a rabbit hole.. It doesnt have to be over category cable but it would make the installation alot easier. Especially if the balun was powered only from the source side as well.

Input - DVi-D ( not DVi-i )

Output - HDMI & VGA

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Yeah thx. I didn't really want to sign up for an a/v forum but might have to

I'm pretty sure you can search that forum without joining but if that doesn't bring results, I guess joining would be needed.

Also and I could be totally wrong but I thought you could only go hdmi to dvi and no the other way around. I guess it's the sound thing.

Last edited:
Dvi-d is digital video and can go to HDMi format really easy. Dvi-i is the same as DVi-D except for it has extra pins and carries an analog video signal as well. In this case I need to go from digital video and process it into analog. And woukd like to also have it have an hdmi source as well and over a cat cable. Be alot easier to make the run in the big boat. Anyway. I have no idea what products are out there anymore. I don't pay much attention to that stuff anymore

Yeah I'm just trying to save about 8 hours of labour here and make things super easy lol

You should know this then lol. It's very old technology 🤣
Its good to know Seth that you can make my day just a little brighter. Glad I'm sitting in the ferry terminal waiting to go to TC for the summer , it take all the sting out of .......well anything. 😄

Its good to know Seth that you can make my day just a little brighter. Glad I'm sitting in the ferry terminal waiting to go to TC for the summer , it take all the sting out of .......well anything. 😄
Good luck this year Ed!