Puerto Vallarta

adanac

Heading to a stag second week of January , and ive been put in charge with setting up our boat. Fished extensivley in Cabo sal lucas many times a year but am new to the Puerto Vallarta scene. Any reccomendatons/experiences??

We just fished with Marla’s a week ago out of la Cruz (just north of Puerto Vallarta)and it was great. We went out with their 36’ black fin instead of a panga this time and it was amazing.
Comfy boat for a bigger group. They have bigger boats as well but this one was great. Crew and Captain amazing as well.

We just fished with Marla’s a week ago out of la Cruz (just north of Puerto Vallarta)and it was great. We went out with their 36’ black fin instead of a panga this time and it was amazing.
Comfy boat for a bigger group. They have bigger boats as well but this one was great. Crew and Captain amazing as well.
How did you guys end up? What areas did you fish/ species targeted caught? I know they fish el Banco for big yft, but those are 12 hour days, not sure that’s fitting for this group.

Heading to a stag second week of January , and ive been put in charge with setting up our boat. Fished extensivley in Cabo sal lucas many times a year but am new to the Puerto Vallarta scene. Any reccomendatons/experiences??
Bachelor party in PV? Sounds awful. Put me on the cancelation list.

This is everything you need. If you want professional passionate guides this is it. If you want a boat ride,,,,,, have at it.

Honestly my bias is dhamar sportfishing. Book a couple days at least and let him do his thing. He don't watch the time and WANTS you to good fish. Numerous stories of coming home in the dark and monster fish on board. Plus they clean your fish and put on ice...

Right time of year for rooster fish, but that's more a charter for dedicated fisherman. Mixed group in a stag pushes you toward trolling for billfish.

Trust the Marla's suggestion....those guys are epic. Some day I hope to ride the No Tuna No Chinga

How did you guys end up? What areas did you fish/ species targeted caught? I know they fish el Banco for big yft, but those are 12 hour days, not sure that’s fitting for this group.
We had a great day, fishing was a little quiet for use. We went out for bigger Mahi mahi but didn’t land any big ones. We got a few smaller tuna’s on the way home. We only booked a 6 hour day but ended up fishing close to 7 trying to get the one. Great guys.

We had a great day, fishing was a little quiet for use. We went out for bigger Mahi mahi but didn’t land any big ones. We got a few smaller tuna’s on the way home. We only booked a 6 hour day but ended up fishing close to 7 trying to get the one. Great guys.
I'm looking at a possible fishing trip to either Costa Rica or Panama for Marlin fishing. Just wondered whether anyone else has done one of these trips and what your experience was? Nay recommendations for a lodge would be appreciated.

fished here many years ago and it was an incredible experience. Got tired of reeling in marlin and dorado. Catch and release on marlin and sail fish

fished here many years ago and it was an incredible experience. Got tired of reeling in marlin and dorado. Catch and release on marlin and sail fish

I was just looking at that one!

Great place, good food and they go to a reef just outside the bay to catch live bait. No long boat rides unless you are chasing tuna. Boats are 1st class and if they have a problem they can pull the boat and swap engines over night.

I’ve been twice , fished on the island star. Ritchie runs a amazing operation, last trip was mid august , 14 species over 4 days , 50 lb roosters , cubera, sailfish, dorado, yft, almaco jacks , African pompano, wahoo and the list goes on . Raised two black marlin that spit out bait on the Zane grey reef as-well

Depends on how far you want to travel from your hotel. We usually stay along the Nuevo stretch. We have a condo rented at the Dreams Villamagna resort for a couple of weeks in February. From there, It is 5 minutes by taxi to the Nuevo marina. At some point in the trip we just walk down there (20 min's) and arange the trip directly with the guides on the wharf. Generaly, we are looking for about a 24' Panga which unless you are going way off shore, is just fine. I would shy away from making arrangements with the beach vendors. Don't forget to post who you went out with and how you did.

Looks like we’re all set fishing an 8 hr day on the Marla IV next Saturday .

have been in talks with my fishing pals after looking at their long range boat “ no tuna no chinga “ , most likely will be making a multi day over night trip this year to look for that 200 plus pound cow that’s evaded us all these years

Be careful what you wish for. Almost every yft 50 lb or bigger that I've seen wanted to sound and fight deep. Just thinking about a 200 pounder makes my lower back ache.

Back