prospect lake

kunni

anyone fished prospect lately? langford is great, but theres just so many boats, is prospect quieter? whats been working?
thanks

kunni

I've been to elk a couple times in the last couple weeks. It's been pretty quiet on the lake. A few boats out, but it's a pretty big lake, still feels like you are alone.

Yeah, I like elk for that reason, but cant stand the rowers, theres just so many of them

kunni

Very true. I just watch what part of the lake they are using, then I avoid that section. Sometimes it's tough though.

went to prospect yesterday. lots of little ones, recent stockies. no big ones or cutties. equal success on small rapalas and a red woolly bugger. probably a dozen anglers trying their luck. At least it didn't rain!

thanks rendraW, thats the exact post I was looking for

kunni

wow, I had an amazing day at prospect today, between me at 2 friends we managed 7 trout in 3 hours. But what was really amazing is we landed a triple header. most likley bumped into a school, because all the hits were in about 2 seconds of each other. 2 fly rods had green buggers, and 1 spinning had a black flatfish.

kunni

Sounds like a god day...

biggest was mabye 17in, 5/7 were recent stockers, 2nd largest was 15in but was skinny and looked pretty unhealthy

kunni

Thanks Kunni, tried my luck early this morning, nailed a 16 incher within seconds of the first cast and a recent stocker(11-12") 5 minutes after that.
3 more hours only produced 1 bite, good day though, my biggest trout :D

biggest was maybe 17in, second largest was probably 15, but unhealthy looking, the rest were recent stockers

kunni

I was at prospect today, chrionomid fishing, I got skunked for the second consecutive time. so that sucks, but I am getting better, because I got a hit today, last weekend I didnt. I will be fishing again tomorrow, possibly around langford area?

kunni

I was at prospect today, chrionomid fishing, I got skunked for the second consecutive time. so that sucks, but I am getting better, because I got a hit today, last weekend I didnt. I will be fishing again tomorrow, possibly around langford area?

kunni

I hate getting skunked once but twice ??? :mad:
Keep trying, they are out there !
I was there Thursday, from shore, floating eggs off the bottom.
Not my favorite way to fish but it's the best I've seen this time of year from shore.
Got a nice 15incher which popped the cherry on my new digital fish weigher thingy (1.13 lbs wow eh :rolleyes:) and a recent stocker.
From noon til 3 there was some good action on my line but seemed right around 3:30-4 pm the action completely shut down, no hits or bites for the last hour & a half.

Good job, on the fish. I saw guys on those rocks by the golf course, and I think I saw 2 fish caught by a small group of fisherman in about an hour and a half. I talked to fisherman that were trolling powerbait on the bottom, literally letting it drag, and they were getting hits. I left 1/2 hour after they arrived. I was thinking Glen or Thetis today, but I will have to see when I can get dropped. Has langford been any good? Last time I was there trolling flies, and plugs I got a small recent stocker, but that was about a month ago.

kunni

Back