Proposed Thompson River reg change

Uh Oh, trust a dog to hi-jack a river thread. He'll probably want to roll in the rotting carcasses of the last spawning pair that came up her, too.

Uh Oh, trust a dog to hi-jack a river thread. He'll probably want to roll in the rotting carcasses of the last spawning pair that came up her, too.

Sorry to here about your girl sharphooks ( what is her name ? ) I would hate to be missing my best friend (Ozzy )
But on a lighter note takes a ***** to defuse a touchy subject like the T, too many uproar fanatics on the either side of the fence, Hope some resolve will benefit an Iconic river & its majestic summer run steelie

Sorry if I Hijack this thread & ask the experts if a sister river like the Columbia tribs, heavily dammed and the questionable morality has triumph in its acceptable returns
Can the Thompson river steelies be more enhanced in a hatchery environment like our cousins down south or is this impossible..........?

Kh

Personal wouldn't like to see any hatchery fish on this run(to cool of a fish).... at this point I believe the Ministry has no money nor any interest in any hatchery programs in the province.. not sure how much the budget has been cut the last 15 years but I would say its pretty well impossible for them to do there job when there is no money to do it ....but the Thompson fish needs a helping hand regarding more water and better habitat...

Defused hijack

Sorry to here about your girl sharphooks ( what is her name ? ) I would hate to be missing my best friend (Ozzy )
But on a lighter note takes a ***** to defuse a touchy subject like the T, too many uproar fanatics on the either side of the fence, Hope some resolve will benefit an Iconic river & its majestic summer run steelie

Sorry if I Hijack this thread & ask the experts if a sister river like the Columbia tribs, heavily dammed and the questionable morality has triumph in its acceptable returns
Can the Thompson river steelies be more enhanced in a hatchery environment like our cousins down south or is this impossible..........?

Kh

My Ozzy boy..................life long budz
And my 40x20 T Steelie, left fly actual hook up right fly what it looks like tied

Attachments

• IMG_2018.jpg
    IMG_2018.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Jan 2010 1 001_1.jpg
    Jan 2010 1 001_1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 183
Personal wouldn't like to see any hatchery fish on this run(to cool of a fish).... at this point I believe the Ministry has no money nor any interest in any hatchery programs in the province.. not sure how much the budget has been cut the last 15 years but I would say its pretty well impossible for them to do there job when there is no money to do it ....but the Thompson fish needs a helping hand regarding more water and better habitat...

If the help on the habitat is fallen to the waste side to a more important agricultural revenue then a enhancement of this species is defiantly worth a fight for.............
All it takes is a dozen big females a a few large strained bucks to exceed an enhanced quota from this years 500+ estimated return

Kh

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Dog, Nice Slab, KH!

Here's a pic I took of my dog a few hours ago (today)---MOST of the fish in this river have clipped adipose fins:

Here's a pic of me taken 100 years ago. ALL the fish in this river still have their adipose fins:

Nice Dog, Nice Slab, KH!

Here's a pic I took of my dog a few hours ago (today)---MOST of the fish in this river have clipped adipose fins:

Here's a pic of me taken 100 years ago. ALL the fish in this river still have their adipose fins:

Very nice summer run sharphooks me thinks its a T fish eh? dark boulders in the pics
my educated guess is yours may be longer? but mine is chubbier, a big Doe - sporting future trophies. the wrist hold also gives me a better size indicator

Was it around Martel? or up pass Nicola?

Kh

Back