Propellor repair suggestions

Tightlines22

Had a great outing yesterday however wasn’t paying attention for a moment and my prop paid the price! Stainless prop that now has one blade slightly bent. Can anyone suggest a shop that can help me? I’m in Ladner however anywhere in the lower mainland will work. Also see my grandkids in Victoria regularly so South Island can work too.

Attachments

• 2EA2412C-9D9D-4B16-9B84-CBE1AB8B16FE.jpeg
    2EA2412C-9D9D-4B16-9B84-CBE1AB8B16FE.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 80
i would straighten it with a block of wood and deadblow hammer, once it goes to the repair shop you will loose 2 mph, the cup will be gone in the prop
Really? I’m pretty handy, just thought maybe this is one of those things best handled by a prop shop.

bent a prop much worse than that in bamfield, and straightened it, with a block of wood

I'd be checking the output shaft for straightness. Stainless props don't have much give. They'll always get you home though. If it was aluminum it likely would have broke.

X2 on Osborn props, and check your prop shaft to make sure its not bent, although it likely is now

There was a minor vibration so not sure yet if prop shaft is bent. Will put my spare on next outing and see. Hopefully it is ok.

I personally use precision prop, use to be in Surrey, now do pick yup at TNA in Langley, John is good, he’s fixed many props for me both aluminum and stainless and 100% satified

Nope. There is a plastic sleeve

nope… flo torque have a plastic sleeve that acts as a sacrifice. All other hubs are metal on metal as far as I know.
Powertech, Solas, and Turning Point props all have their own version of sacrificial hubs as well. The Powertech ones work so well they had to redesign them so they wouldn’t slip under normal load. Ask me how I know😕

I smashed a prop last year. prop was garbage but the plastic hub was still good.... so I guess there's a fine line between spinning the hub and saving the prop/ driveline

i would straighten it with a block of wood and deadblow hammer, once it goes to the repair shop you will loose 2 mph, the cup will be gone in the prop
Good advice here hit towards the wood so place it on the inside.

Back