Prop Saver Install Question

Jaws3D

Hello,

I just got the new boat and I am looking to install my Bite Me Too prop saver on the Yamaha HT kicker. It came with the stainless steel mounting hardware but no instructions. I am just curious if I should use silicone or an anti corrosion product like Tef-Gel on the bolts?

Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

I've had a stainless prop saver or halo on my kicker for 7 or 8 years now and haven't noticed any signs of galvanic action. In fact my zincs still look like new. I have an aluminum boat which is seldom left in the ocean, I normally keep it on my trailer when not using it.

No problems with mine...boat is in the water a good 60 days a year, but the kicker/prop saver obviously isn't in the water during the time I am tied up at the dock.

FishWish

I mounted my Bite Me with supplied hardware on my Yam 8 hp and have not had any corrosion issues. Glass boat kept on trailer.

Thank you for the replies. I was worried about possible galvanic corrosion. I did not instal my last one and didn't know if anything was used on the threads. Thank you I will go ahead and mount should be 1-2 beer job.

So I installed this on the my Yamaha HT9.9. All went well, however all four bolts are near the edges of the zinc on the bottom underneath. I clipped the zinc with the drill on one of the edges and the bolt is touching it. Not wanting to drill more holes I left it as is. Does anyone see any issues with that. My clamps didnt hold up really well while drilling and I was oblivous to the zinc underneath as I saw one on the side. My bad.

Shouldn't be a problem. May have to take that screw out to replace the zinc-depending on where the screw went but shouldn't cause a problem as the zinc is the sacrifice metal.

Back