Prop Guard

Red Monster

I want to put a guard on my kicker and was wondering what kind to get? Any advice would be appreciated. For example, should I go with stainless or aluminium?

Hi there, If you have an 8 hp. Yamaha, Parker marine in Nanaimo sells stainless guards for around 50$. They were out of them in December, but were making some more up.They were a lot more reasonable than the after market ones. Give 'em a call @ the Naniamo store.Barry Stoneman or Bill have treated me very well since first dealing with them. See you on the pond.

I have one that I am not using.

Bought it at an auction and it ended up not fitting my motor.

Send me your E-mail and I will send you a picture and measurements if you're interested.

It will change your voltage reading just to let you know.

Wolf

hey wolf shouldn`t you boot strap a kicker ??? would that help or just zincs???scottyboy

The way it changes is because your adding more metal to the water around you and if you use a SS one you have disimular metals alumn and SS which does some funky things sometimes with electrolisis and corrosion But you have to experiment with your boat test before and after, I personally dont like them they are like a big vacuum have had stcks jam into them alot that why ill never run one again had on jam so bad stalled out the engine and broke the skag and the upper fin.

If your fishing deep water all the time you basically have too but sooke your only down 100 ft max so there isnt too much drag.

good luck Wolf

What Wolf said. Broke my skeg last summer on a piece of wood the size of your thumb.
I still have it on, but will proably get ride of it this spring.

Got to put a plug in here for Bite-Me-Too Enterprises and their excellent prop guards. I've been using one of theirs for at least 10+ years and it has saved me a lot of money. Had to replace it this past fall with a new one when one of my friends ran it into a shallow spot and bent the hell out of it. NOT the prop guard's fault. My first one was stainless, but the new one is aluminum. I don't think it makes much of a difference.

Thanks for the feedback! It's always great to have the benifit of someone else's experience. :D

Back