Program will not install ??

AlK

I recently purchased a new Acer laptop and installed all the programs that we had on a Dell laptop, except one program will not install on the Acer laptop. Both laptops run windows 10. It is called Canon Photo Effects. The program allows some very basic editing of photos (cropping, red eye removal, rotate and flip, sizing and few others).

As soon as I click the install button I get the message “Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to you device?” I click yes and then nothing happens.

Anyone have any ideas?

I recently purchased a new Acer laptop and installed all the programs that we had on a Dell laptop, except one program will not install on the Acer laptop. Both laptops run windows 10. It is called Canon Photo Effects. The program allows some very basic editing of photos (cropping, red eye removal, rotate and flip, sizing and few others).

As soon as I click the install button I get the message “Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to you device?” I click yes and then nothing happens.

Anyone have any ideas?
it might actually be running in the background I would check your task manager first and if it is cancel it off, then right click on the install file and select run as admin and if that doesnt work you might have to change the ext in the file properties to run in windows 7 sevice pack 2 etc.

I do not see it running in task manager. I have also run it as administrator, but no luck.

Windows Photo has most of the basic features and comes free with Windows 10. Have not needed anything else for what I do.
Try it out. May be all you need

I do not see it running in task manager. I have also run it as administrator, but no luck.
Right click on the install file and click properties , then click on the tab that says compatibility , from there select run this program in compatibility mode (check mark it on) then select windows 7 service pack 2 and also select the box with run this program as an admin then hit apply and try again for the last ditch effort

Right click on the install file and click properties , then click on the tab that says compatibility , from there select run this program in compatibility mode (check mark it on) then select windows 7 service pack 2 and also select the box with run this program as an admin then hit apply and try again for the last ditch effort
Thanks, that is exactly what I did and it WORKED!!!

I thought you were a mechanic??? lol

Back