Pro cure

NootkaSounder

Just wondering these tv shows sure seem to push it and I seen island outfitters were pushing a video of their brine at the boat show.
http://www.youfish.tv/product-review-pro-cure-brine-n-bite_c4185ce81.html

is the brine better then just rock salt and powdered milk solution?

has anyone tried the scents? what's your opinion? is it just over rated marketing?

As far as the bluing goes, I like colouring but there are cheaper options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering these tv shows sure seem to push it and I seen island outfitters were pushing a video of their brine at the boat show.
http://www.youfish.tv/product-review-pro-cure-brine-n-bite_c4185ce81.html

is the brine better then just rock salt and powdered milk solution?

has anyone tried the scents? what's your opinion? is it just over rated marketing?

As far as the bluing goes, I like colouring but there are cheaper options.

We have used salt brine for years when you can't keep your bait fresh.
I know many guys and guides like their different brines, but we use the anchovies FRESH, right out of the package.
Sometimes put some anchovy oil on while baiting up.
Works well for us and we generally fish as well as anybody, and better than most!

Used the brine and found it for the most part made no difference. That's for salmon though, for Lings and bottomfish found it worked quite well.

Mrs Stewart's Liquid bluing..don't leave home without it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I use bluewater bait bright blueing, salt, powdered milk. I like how the bait stays bright and FIRM. Worth it just for that, you can run your bait way longer when looking for fish. Keeps the rods in the water.

I tried procure but find its kinda pricey compared to the home brine

Seems like the thought is salt is salt and i kinda figured that.

what about the scents that they keep pitching on BC outdoors?

i figure on an artificial lure some is better then not any at all. but anyone try it?

Im using the procure anchovy scent. Only just started using it. Not sure if it produces more but it hasent hurt production...lets just say im not afraid to use it.

The fishing shows promote their sponsors. When you see them using something and NOT promoting it that's when you should pay attention because they aren't being paid to use the product but do anyways - must be good.

I bought pro cure once - hated it back to my own brine.

when you have a whole anchovy, there's no need to add extra scent or color - its a real baitfish, you can't make it better. As with most fishing items, its designed to catch the fishermen, not the fish.

A simple salt brine is all you need, powdered milk and blueing is a nice additive for shine but not necessary. Presentation, presentation, presentation

I just bought the Procure version that is a "green glow" cure. I plan to use it on my first outings in May on my anchovies. Its expensive, but, having seen these guys use it I have to know for myself if its effective on Springs. Time will tell.

used the brine n bite blue liquid up at Langara last year. Made the herring a touch shinier and better firming. Doubt the bite agents actually do much but the blue seemed to out fish my regular brined herring. Lots of the guides are now using blue food dye and swear by it.

Bait is good 'cuz it's bait. I have dumped coffee with cream (cold) in with salt brined anchovy for the heck of it and taken fish. Mind I had fish in the boat.
Hands sure smelled better. :eek:

Bait is good 'cuz it's bait. I have dumped coffee with cream (cold) in with salt brined anchovy for the heck of it and taken fish. Mind I had fish in the boat.
Hands sure smelled better. :eek:

I have heard tho they prefer caffineated and the 3.5% cream over the decaffeinated with 10% ......

No doubt true.
Coming in at the Ambleside launch one day with a good fish and a lady on her way out asked what I was using. I said anchovy in a teaser head I had painted in French Vanilla nail polish. She looked at me like I was bs'ing her. It was the truth. I think Poppa Swiss has the right of it, presentation, presentation....

Impossible not to experiment, though. :rolleyes:

Well i have to cause i can't find the stuff anywhere over here on the mainland . We dont seem to care if our whites are white from what i can tell :p

I looked absolutely everywhere for this product to surprise my mom for her birthday, as she misses it since major stores stopped carrying it.

PNT was able to hook me up with what I needed.. maybe they have some at their Richmond store, for those of us on the mainland?

Well i have to cause i can't find the stuff anywhere over here on the mainland . We dont seem to care if our whites are white from what i can tell :p

PNT just bought in a pallet full of the stuff All the 3 locations are carrying it...:)

Back