Prince Rupert info

redneckpg

Have been out of PR a few times guided to Dundas on day trips. Last year bought a Hewes SeaRunner 220 and have done the Douglas (Fishtrap/Money) 4 times but really want to head out to Dundas for several days. But Im not certain on places to safely anchor for the night in Dundas/Stephens Island area other than inlet at top of Dundas (but heard it can get gnarly at the top at times and the blackflies can be brutal). Is there any other anchorages in the area?
Also what winds should be cautious of? Usually winds out of certain directions kick the water up worse.
Where to go crabbing? I cant remember where we were :rolleyes:. Pretty sure was Moffat Islands we did prawns
Any other info would be great appreciated too!
If in PG area, a meet up for a BS and beers (on me) would be great! Just want to be safe out there :)

TIA

Have been out of PR a few times guided to Dundas on day trips. Last year bought a Hewes SeaRunner 220 and have done the Douglas (Fishtrap/Money) 4 times but really want to head out to Dundas for several days. But Im not certain on places to safely anchor for the night in Dundas/Stephens Island area other than inlet at top of Dundas (but heard it can get gnarly at the top at times and the blackflies can be brutal). Is there any other anchorages in the area?
Also what winds should be cautious of? Usually winds out of certain directions kick the water up worse.
Where to go crabbing? I cant remember where we were :rolleyes:. Pretty sure was Moffat Islands we did prawns
If in PG area, a meet up for a BS and beers (on me) would be great! Just want to be safe out there :)

TIA
Check out white sands on the north east side of Randall island directly south of Dundas along the east side. Also lots of good anchorage places along chicken $hit pass in between Moffatt islands and Melville. That’s about it other than the north end but like you said the black flys can be brutal. Not much for crabs around there some prawns earlier but likely hammered by the commercial guys already.
Stevens’s island has one good anchorage up by the lighthouse on the north end. Lots of good ones on the south end in Edye pass and should be good for springs right now.

TIA
I remember seeing quite a few boats anchored back in Brundidge inlet.
Depends on how the bugs are this year. I can ask the head guide at Haa Nee Naa Lodge to see how it is.

Depends on how the bugs are this year. I can ask the head guide at Haa Nee Naa Lodge to see how it is.
Brundidge is a great spot.....if you are getting some light rain nad wind it keeps the bugs down. Also depends when you are heading up to Dundas. June into July the bugs can be terrible...Late July and August they are pretty much gone

Goose bay at the top end is the best , your not going get away from the bugs unless its windy and wind sucks worst as its limits your ability to fish, haha so hope for bugs as the water is calm.

Check out white sands on the north east side of Randall island directly south of Dundas along the east side. Also lots of good anchorage places along chicken $hit pass in between Moffatt islands and Melville. That’s about it other than the north end but like you said the black flys can be brutal. Not much for crabs around there some prawns earlier but likely hammered by the commercial guys already.
Stevens’s island has one good anchorage up by the lighthouse on the north end. Lots of good ones on the south end in Edye pass and should be good for springs right now.
Is it best to launch from Port Ed to go to Edye Pass? Long run? Never been in that area. Thanks!

Definitely yes cuts off a long from rushbrook in the morning. The launch can be tricky there if lots of boats are being launched there though. It’s a long way to back up. Good for salmon on the east side of porcher island as well in between McMicking island

Whereabouts is Brundidge?
Cant find it on the i-Boating charts app Thx

Brundidge is at the top end of Dundas

Attachments

• 7A01095E-E0FC-45B4-BF26-AA11868361EA.png
    7A01095E-E0FC-45B4-BF26-AA11868361EA.png
    873.2 KB · Views: 63
  • D5FC37B3-94C8-42DA-9428-72B2E0D2755E.png
    D5FC37B3-94C8-42DA-9428-72B2E0D2755E.png
    462.5 KB · Views: 59
Definitely yes cuts off a long from rushbrook in the morning. The launch can be tricky there if lots of boats are being launched there though. It’s a long way to back up. Good for salmon on the east side of porcher island as well in between McMicking island
Thanks! Goin out on the 12th and debating between Rupert or Douglas. Rupert springs down to 1/day and closes the 19th for a month. Prob too early for coho I assume
I run a equipment trailer daily so not worried bout my trailering ability haha

Thanks! Goin out on the 12th and debating between Rupert or Douglas. Rupert springs down to 1/day and closes the 19th for a month. Prob too early for coho I assume
I run a equipment trailer daily so not worried bout my trailering ability haha

Edye Pass.jpgGood area for salmon, hali and anchoring?

Back