Prawn Puller stolen - caught on video

al aboard

Hopefully a useful warning to others. we had our scotty prawn puller stolen on Friday night. we caught it on video (photos below). Just wanted to put this out there as a warning if you have gear on your boat to be mindful, and if anyone recognizes him to send any tips/info on getting our gear back.

Our boat is at Thunderbird marina. there's plenty of security at the dock gates - so it seems he arrived by boat, and went straight for our prawn puller. no other thefts reported (so far), and nothing else missing from our boat.

looks like a nice guy - please let me know if any tips/ideas for finding him.

thanks

Attachments

• image2.png
    image2.png
    790.1 KB · Views: 454
  • image3.png
    image3.png
    633.9 KB · Views: 441
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 455
He doesn't look like a nice guy and more of an moron/asshole. I just put a few locks onto my gear, it might not help if they have bolt cutters but it will give them another hoop to jump over. Hopefully it gets returned to you.

Scum bags . Sad but can’t leave anything out anymore . Need a lock on or locked up. Out of sight out of mind. If they really want it they will get it though

Nice footage. Is this a boat security camera or marina? I would be interested if its installed in your boat, i want a security cam for just this thing.

Thanks all. Appreciate the efforts on sending the photos around to see if anyone recognizes him. RCMP and WV Police having a look also.

On the video - I've got a wildlife/trail cam on the boat to figure out the otters and how to get rid of them. works great for that... and didn't realize it would catch this guy. he definitely arrived by boat, and knows what he's doing - so it's good to know a fellow fisherman is stealing gear! fcker.

Thanks again. will update if/when we find him. until then - careful with your gear!

What a dick... bet he'd make good crab bait.
Problem with our system is that even though he was caught on camera his lawyer would probably say he may have been on your boat to shut your pot puller off, being a good upstanding citizen so your battery didn't die.

In actuall fact this turd should be down in a prawn set.

Last edited:
Hopefully a useful warning to others. we had our scotty prawn puller stolen on Friday night. we caught it on video (photos below). Just wanted to put this out there as a warning if you have gear on your boat to be mindful, and if anyone recognizes him to send any tips/info on getting our gear back.

Our boat is at Thunderbird marina. there's plenty of security at the dock gates - so it seems he arrived by boat, and went straight for our prawn puller. no other thefts reported (so far), and nothing else missing from our boat.

looks like a nice guy - please let me know if any tips/ideas for finding him.

thanks
I just got marine insurance ($612/ year), hope you do as well. The lock up system Scotty has would give this parasite another 5 minutes of hassle. He may cut the locks but will have a harder time making sure they are off in order to remove it freely. My guess is he sells them. Also probably scoped it out on a walk on the dock. Could be your neighbour in the marina.

I never understand why people don’t stow their gear away at the end of the day. You see it at every marina. Boats with 5-6g worth of rods in the launchers, riggers/ pullers out on display. Not saying it’s ok to take something just because it’s left out, just saying the thief probably knew the puller was there and came back to take it.

It just sucks to make a claim and have to deal with knowing your stuff isn’t safe.

I never understand why people don’t stow their gear away at the end of the day. You see it at every marina. Boats with 5-6g worth of rods in the launchers, riggers/ pullers out on display. Not saying it’s ok to take something just because it’s left out, just saying the thief probably knew the puller was there and came back to take it.

It just sucks to make a claim and have to deal with knowing your stuff isn’t safe.
Hello guys
check out rigger lock, available at PNT parks ville and the store at French creek marina.
I run 3 of them on my boat,
simple and effective

Hello guys
check out rigger lock, available at PNT parks ville and the store at French creek marina.
I run 3 of them on my boat,
simple and effective
Do you have a picture? I use the Scotty ones but I am sure something better could be available

You can get security bolts from pacific fasteners, take all the thumb screws right out and replace them with security bolts. The big thumb screw that mount the down rigger, get a security bolt that is a bit longer and then throw a lock nut on the remaining threads.

You can lock everything doesnt matter , If they want it they got it . Boats being stolen is next. Too easy to steal.

You can get security bolts from pacific fasteners, take all the thumb screws right out and replace them with security bolts. The big thumb screw that mount the down rigger, get a security bolt that is a bit longer and then throw a lock nut on the remaining threads.
Yes I have done this, also nice not having all those thumb nuts catching stuff.

Back