Power Pro Rigger Line

Hey SS, all I can say is WOW...... and I doubt that it will get any better in the future. Something about Buyer Beware is ringing true! :( SS

This has been very informative.
Got my money back for the Scotty braided,but, I'm wondering if I should get th e330 foot or 450 foot Power pro. It is $30 for the 300 ft vs $42 for the 450 ft. .. Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot guys.

quote:Originally posted by abbyfireguy

This has been very informative.
Got my money back for the Scotty braided,but, I'm wondering if I should get th e330 foot or 450 foot Power pro. It is $30 for the 300 ft vs $42 for the 450 ft. .. Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot guys.

with 450' , you can do 2 rigger's for $21 a piece

Put all 450 ft on each spool because if it breaks off like it does sometimes say at 50 or 75 ft you can still fish. how many times have you been trolling and you hit either a chunk of kelp or even a log by the time you get to it you have trolled 30 ft or 40 ft and snap it breaks and you loose weight clip and line.

Better to have extra than "just" enough!!!!!

The first time I ever tried the braided "stuff" not PP it frayed and snapped by a piece of wood about 5 ft long thought it would have bounced off like it does on Wire, but it caught it and broke used it for a week and hated it all the time farting around with downrigger clips sliding, stoppers sliding And yes I heard they have new stoppers and you can put "crazy" glue on things seem like more work than its worth.

Also I WANT to know what my voltage is with that stuff there is no voltage you have to ask yourself then.

1. How come for all these years you want to control voltage????

2. One word "BLACK BOXES" commercial fisherman and many fisherman SWEAR by them now what????????

Just my 2 cent rant for the day

Good luck Wolf

Hi LC, with regards to the Brokerage fees it depends who the carrier is. DON'T use UPS, they often charge in excess of $20 in brokerage fess regardless of the value of the item.... If you have it shipped USPS, (this is the US mail service) the Canadian Customs may charge you a $5 brokerage fee, never more and most times it just comes sailing across the border. Good luck, SS

Use USPS for all your cross boarder shipping as you will only get charged $5 for a handling fee, as SS said. I get a lot of stuff from the US and refuse to pay "brokerage fees". It might take a bit longer for USPS to get to your door, but unless you need it right away, who cares.

Also, if you do use UPS, make sure that when everything is done, that it is not cheaper to just buy in BC. Sometimes all the hidden costs can add up.

SS

Should mention that some people down there don't wanna use anyone else but bloody UPS.
Found out about their so called "brokerage fees" aka ripping people off, the hard way. Paid almost double for my 600ft of anchor rope :(

<s>vic</s>

I get all my stuff shipped to Sumas where I have a Box #...Its only 5 minutes over the border for me..
No broker fees that way.Plus quick shipping within USA,not involving Canada Customs delays or Canada Post..[8D]

Back