Postell Lake

K

kachingdat

Hi All,

I taking up fishing again, recently moved to the Okanagan and have been fishing up at Postell Lake (behind the Kelowna Airport). I am fishing off of the rocks, and not sure what I should be using, I have been usuing a yellow flat fish and no luck with that, and also a bobber and a worm, and yet again...no luck...I am hoping some of you experts may offer an amateur some advice. Thanks

ive never fished this lake, or any lakes anywhere near that, but i do know that a small black and silver wedding band spinner with just a half inch of worm trailing off the hook is a tough lure to beat for trout. use light 4 pound line, no extra weight(unless absolutly needed, and even then use only a few very small split shot) and wing her out that, and wind it in just fast enough to keep the blde spinning. try letting it sink to different depths untill u find the depth which holds fish.
good luck,

cody

hey!...wheres my float?
uh oh...

Ive never fished there either but when i fish off the shore the most fish are usually caught on power bait floated off the bottom,or a worm with a lil' corkie.Hope it works.

a great method that many people arent aware of is using and ajustabubble torpedo float. You fill it with water so it slowly sinks and you can fish pretty much anything behind it.They are great because you can retieve them so slowly that you can fish with flies. Im not sure exactly what kind of flies would work there as i havent fished it before but im sure someone will know. The best method to fish with ajustabubbles is to cast it out(it'll go a mile because its filled with water), let is sink for about 20 seconds or so, then start a very slow retrieve. Trust me, this is an awesome method and it will almost always outfish the conventional methods of bobber and worms or bottom fishing.

good luck
Brent

if you fish in the evening,simply throwing out your bobber with about 10 ft of leader and a dry fly ( small tom thumb) may work...and as was said above,fishing a worm right on the bottom should produce....good luck....

I can't help you if your fishing from shore. On a bellyboat the best way to fish that lake and any lake in the Kelowna area is with chronomid fly a couple feet off the bottom using a large corky with a toothpick stuck in it (to hold the line) as a float.

If your trolling on a boat the most productive is a leech or wolly bugger.

I can't help you if your fishing from shore. On a bellyboat the best way to fish that lake and any lake in the Kelowna area is with chronomid fly a couple feet off the bottom using a large corky with a toothpick stuck in it (to hold the line) as a float.

If your trolling on a boat the most productive is a leech or wolly bugger.

Back