Port Moody boat Launch

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hey Guy's,

So two weeks ago I was taking some friends out on the boat who wanted to see the vancouver Harbour, so I figured Port Moody is good spot to launch the boat. After launching I found a great parking spot in the boat trailer area and went to to pay for a parking pass at the little terminal. I was shocked to find out that the only option was to pay for 24 hours of parking for 19 bucks. Was I doing some thing wrong or is this the way it works in port moody, is there some where else to get parking by the hour? 19 bucks for 3 three hours of parking is crazy.

I assume that they have combined launch fee and parking fee. Expensive nonetheless.

I launch there all the time. You have to buy 1 day, no matter how long you stay. While I was there, a guy just wanted to park his RV and go for dinner at the boathouse. The bylaw guy was there and said sorry, if you park in here, you gotta pay. Personally, I would have taken the motorhome to the valet parking at the boathouse, then they can deal with it while he was in having dinner.

I believe everywhere on the road, if you have a boat trailer, they check for tickets. There is signs everywhere that says boat trailers need to purchase tickets. That said, I've never tried to park on the street or anywhere else, so I have no idea whether they actually check out on the roads for paid tickets. I typically only launch in the early hours of the morning to make sure I get a spot.

Back