Porlier and Sansum Narrows

alley cat

Went out today for crabs and then took a run to Porlier , tried some winter spring fishing there ; outside and inside , hit several shakers.
Came back and ran Tent Isl - Sansum Narrows from 65 ft down to 170 ft , bait , spoons and hootchies , two hits lost both on purple haze hootchies and Abe and AL chrome flasher close to the Booth Bay side of the narrows, nice crabs off of Bare Point Chemainus , calm day out there and fairly warm !

AL

quote:Originally posted by alley cat

Went out today for crabs and then took a run to Porlier , tried some winter spring fishing there ; outside and inside , hit several shakers.
Came back and ran Tent Isl - Sansum Narrows from 65 ft down to 170 ft , bait , spoons and hootchies , two hits lost both on purple haze hootchies and Abe and AL chrome flasher close to the Booth Bay side of the narrows, nice crabs off of Bare Point Chemainus , calm day out there and fairly warm !

AL

This is pureley heresay, but when I used to live in Duncan (As a kid fished Cow Bay/Sansum), this old guy told me small springs were good in the small bay opposite Sansum Point? On the chart it looks like it has a nice 120 foot shelf to follow, as long as the currents don't flush you out. Maybe has was talking about winters?

I know the place , where the big back eddy is on the ebbing tide , inhabited now by about 30 bloody seals , , its quite possible would be good for winters excepting the seal population is cleaning out the back end of the Bold Bluff area , need a bounty on them to restore the feed and feeders.

Cheers

AL

I know the place , where the big back eddy is on the ebbing tide , inhabited now by about 30 bloody seals , , its quite possible would be good for winters excepting the seal population is cleaning out the back end of the Bold Bluff area , need a bounty on them to restore the feed and feeders.

Cheers

AL

Yep, that would kill the fishing there. How about cut-plugging for seals with your anchor rode? *OOPS*, caught another one :D

Now theres a topic for this thread .
I bet there are lots on this forum with ideas on the cull of the exploding seal population eh ?

AL

Now theres a topic for this thread .
I bet there are lots on this forum with ideas on the cull of the exploding seal population eh ?

AL
I think the only way there will be a reduction on the number of harbour seals is if first nations gets involved in some way.

Back