point roberts area

the runt

Fished point roberts today,not much going on.lots of commercial boys out.I didn't even get a bump.using a green flasher and herring.i did talk to one guy who owened a seiner,not much for coho,catching a few chums.and lots of kings.He told me two weeks ago he got over 500 in one set. He had to realease all kings.I would think thats a lot?Note to your self.always know your compass readings,yah,fog set in heavy, turn gps on [no problem right]except it worked great on the way out.wouldn't work on the way in.Took a little while longer but whorth the effort.[8]

So where do you think those Kings are going the runt. Up to the Fraser, or South?

I have been having occaisional GPS lost fix problems lately too. Figured it was something to do with the satelite system. Do you think it is your unit acting up?

Hey TR, so was it a hand held unit. If you ever decide to go for a dash mount unit, I can not say enough good about the latest new sounder-gps units with mapping. A bud gave me a relatively cheap($450cdn) unit he had spare (came free with a $20,000 outboard). The mapping is fabulous. Mine does not show ocean bottom charting, which I suggest you have to get if you ever decide to spend some money, but even just the land mapping is extremely usefuland cool to use. I would also suggest a huge screen if possible. ps if you need to try to dry it out, I have had success with cell phones using a blow dryer on cold for an hour or two.

Back