Poaching Case In Court

IronNoggin

The defense lawyer for a Penticton Indian Band Councillor facing poaching charges is considering a constitutional defense revolving around the aboriginal right to hunt.

“Depending on how discussions go with the Crown, we may serve notice of constitutional question regarding the applicability of the statute as part of aboriginal rights to hunt,” she said.

The charges are related to two elk that were allegedly harvested on private land.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/240712/Poaching-case-in-court

I, for one, do not believe the constitutionally protected aboriginal hunting rights offer anything in the eway of access to private (deeded title) lands. It would appear this lawyer is prepping to challenge this.

Spooky! :eek:

Nog

The defense lawyer for a Penticton Indian Band Councillor facing poaching charges is considering a constitutional defense revolving around the aboriginal right to hunt.

“Depending on how discussions go with the Crown, we may serve notice of constitutional question regarding the applicability of the statute as part of aboriginal rights to hunt,” she said.

The charges are related to two elk that were allegedly harvested on private land.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/240712/Poaching-case-in-court

I, for one, do not believe the constitutionally protected aboriginal hunting rights offer anything in the eway of access to private (deeded title) lands. It would appear this lawyer is prepping to challenge this.

Spooky! :eek:

Nog

Private land... guilty!
If its won in court for those reasons you say they might argue whats next?..heck what stops them from raping and pillaging closest "nation" as was done in past glory days?..hell let them take slaves while their at it..
Fk

But the buck stops if they try coming in my house, opening up my fridge and drinking all my luckys....:cool::D
Relax its a fkn sarcastic joke

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they win this. Do you seriously think anyone in our Liberal society is going to go against them. I'll be more surprised if they don't win.

Deeded land wont exist (maybe in my lifetime) unless you are a very small minority, if things continue. Another scary case to watch.

HM

Back