Playing with my drone-video

Chasin' Dreams

Here's my drone video of a little hike my wife and I did to a falls the other day. I recorded it in 4K but right now it only uploaded at 1440P HD but Youtube says it can take a day or two to fully convert to 4K. I did notice I F'd up on a setting on the drone though. I set it to auto focus but forgot to take the "daylight sun" setting off the white balance and put it back on auto so some of the shady areas didn't auto balance to let more light in. Still playing around with all that stuff. Learning curve for sure.

At 5:45 in the video you will see my drone get blown into the trees by the wind and the propellers cut some branches up
1f632.png
Scary but managed to get it stable and flew it out of the trees.
When you watch the Youtube video at the bottom right are the settings where you can change the quality you wanna watch it in. It's the symbol that looks like the little sprocket wheel. Click it and choose what quality you wanna watch it in. If your internet connection isn't fast or on wifi it may not play well for you in an HD setting. And chose to enlarge the screen cause if you watch it in the small screen format it will look pixelated etc. Another tip for watching vids in high def is to start it then pause it and let the grey bar at the bottom advance and "load" up the video ahead of time then click play again. This will keep the video from starting and stopping as it plays it.

that setup takes nice shots. 4k looked great.
what drone and what camera are you using?
Thank you. It's still only at 1440P (quad HD) on youtube, not 4K (ultra HD) yet. It was recorded in 4K but for some reason from what I've read, sometimes it takes up to a few days for Youtube to convert the video and allow the video to be viewed in the full ultra HD 4K. Until then it won't even show the 4K choice selection on the Youtube setting thingy.

I've got the Mavic Pro drone that comes with the 4K camera with 3x gimbal. So far I absolutely love it! I had posted another thread on the forum when I was first trying to decide what to buy for a drone. I want it for traveling, family use, and for taking video and pics while fishing. Doing a week long trip up to Hakai this August so really wanted to have it dialed in for that trip particularly. Link to the other thread: http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/seeking-drone-go-pro-info-advice.66698/

Very nice and great recovery.
Thank you baddogg. My hands literally started shaking a bit when it was in the trees. I thought it was gonna plummet to the bottom of the falls. The drone is pretty light weight so definitely gonna be watching the winds when flying it. Especially in areas close to obstacles.

that setup takes nice shots. 4k looked great.
what drone and what camera are you using?

Hey PatyO'Furniture I replied to you earlier saying that the video was still only showing up in 1440p on Youtube but I have found that, that is something to do with my browser and settings not showing the 4K viewing option. Can you please confirm to me that you see the option in the viewing quality on Youtube as 4K an option to view it in there? If so please tell me what browser you use to access the video and were you logged in to a Youtube account when you viewed it?

I ask this because something weird is going on with how some people can see the option of 4K and others can't while viewing Youtube vids. And when I signed out of my Youtube account, closed Firefox, uploaded Google Chrome, then viewed the video while NOT signed into my Youtube account I could finally see the option to view the video in 4K. Not sure what the heck is going on but while searching this problem on the internet I found lot's of people complaining about the same issue.

I only see it at 1440 as well
Ya its odd. Now I just open Google Chrome while not logged in and the videos show up with the 4K viewing option. I also found a video rendering sight that reconfigures the videos before uploading them which makes them load way faster.

Took the pooches for a walk to a creek and got very lucky doing some drone video taping when a deer decided to come out of the bush and cross the creek. Getting a bit better at the video editing I think but from 32 sec to 1:22 of the video I F'd up the focus for a bit. Check it out here on Youtube but I recommend prob not viewing it in more than 1080P HD quality with the screen enlarged or it may not play well for you depending on what device you are using to view it.

Back