Plastic Slides for trailer bunks

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hey Guy's

I always have trouble getting the boat off my trailer in port Alice when we head over to winter harbor. This year I was thinking of putting some that white plastic on rear bunks to get it glide off easier. Anybody know where I can get it locally (Vancouver)

Capt

Stuff is called UHMW .. Industrial plastics n paints here in Nanaimo sells it, not sure on mainland...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought that uhmw bunks were for aluminium hulls. Would it not damage gell coat?

are there any profiles specific for trailer bunks?

The stuff would come in a sheet and need to be cut to size. It's not specifically made for boat trailers. You can get them to cut it to size or cut it yourself.

There is Industrial Plastics and paint all over the lower mainland. Every plastic supplier should carry this stuff though. Check out Sabic Polymers, Laird Plastics, etc. and compare prices. I always find Industrial Plastics is expensive even though I buy under an account and shouldn't be charged retail.

UMHW
I have been using it on my trailer for 5 years now with no issues.
Fiberglass hull #4400 dry

If you want a quick fix for carpet next time you take the boat out, before you dump the trailer in to load the boat back on ( better if the bunks are dry) spray the carpet with silicon spray.
It will last about 4-5 loads before needing to re-apply

UMHW
I have been using it on my trailer for 5 years now with no issues.
Fiberglass hull #4400 dry

If you want a quick fix for carpet next time you take the boat out, before you dump the trailer in to load the boat back on ( better if the bunks are dry) spray the carpet with silicon spray.
It will last about 4-5 loads before needing to re-apply

I'm in the process of getting a pair of those strips for my EZ Loader. How did you mount yours on the channels? Did you use stainless flat head screws in counterbore holes?

Back