Pirates Den Fishing

salty-dog

I have been reading the "LED light test" thread started by Spring Fever and have stayed out of it as I wanted to know what the response is to SF's input on Pirates Den Fishing's products but I feel it is time for me to step forward.

Pirates Den Fishing is owned and operated by me. I am Michael. I had the chance to speak to some of you during Harbour Chandler's Pirate Sale last month.

The relationship I have with SF is that he purchased some of my products and liked what he got. We communicated by email about different methods of rigging and the effects of it. He offered to test ideas and products for me and give his input on these products. Now, before we got to that point, he told me of this forum and I traced many of his posts. It is clear and obvious he knows what he speaks of.
That is something I needed- someone I don't know willing to try things for me and give me the real scoop, whether good, bad or ugly. He don't get paid for testing or reporting back. What does he get for his efforts? Lights and lures. He gets first shot at new products, potential products and when I produce something entirely new, he evaluates it and gets it wet.

Does SpringFever get any payment? No. Honestly, I really wish I could pay him. But as some of you may know, the fishing industry is tough to break into. Trends change, people change, products change, and unless you are a large business such as Gibbs-Delta, there really isn't much money in it. This is an industry where you must be passionate. Spring Fever has been instrumental in helping me get to you, the consumer, the best products not already saturated in the market.

I will address something that was brought up in the LED thread. Regarding the straigh-through concept, I have tried this a few times in different manners. It will not work. The light is made by placing the PC with LED's and batteries into a mould and the mould is then filled with resin. Because the resin would be too thin surrounding the thru-hole, leaks under pressure or by dropping the light are highly likely. Because of this and no way to inspect the hole for fractures, we opted to retain the line guides "as is".

One way that did work was increasing the diameter in order to maintain integrity of the resin. But, this added too much weight and the overall diameter is just awkwardly large. Currently, the light unit is 1/4 ounce. A thru-hole design would nearly double that. However, we are still working on improving things and I am not ruling out future items with this design. Before the factory builds it in mass, I have to develop a working prototype, bench test it and have it field tested. Every viability test must be completed and passed. And my work bench is loaded with new products already. I have some very interesting prototypes going right now and a totally new light design is one of them.

If you have any questions for me, please do ask. I am open to suggestions and comments.

Because I stay very busy, I am not on this forum every day so please visit my site at www.piratesdenfishing.com and send me an email there { "Contact Us" page } or at piratesdenfishing@yahoo.ca

For those not near a retail outlet, we are putting together an online store. But, please, show support for retailers if you are near one. Without them none of us would be here today.

Thank you very much,

Michael, Sasha, and Destiny- Pirates Den Fishing

Back