PFD's if you're interested

We were at Steveston Marine and Hardware (Langley) today and bought a Mustang #3154 Auto Hydrostactic with Harness for $278 + tax (list price from Steveston was $438..........ya I know about list price) but thought it wasn't that bad of a deal, we bought two Mustang #3153 (without harness) last year for $301 for each. The #3153's were around $260's, if I remember correctly today.

Just thought I would post if anyone was interested

Somewhere on this forum there is a thread about how much you spend on fishing a year, well today Steveston got $518.03 and Army & Navy got $157.71.......................had to replenish our fishing gear and a little boat gear. By my figures, roughly, the fish we have caught over the last few years...................should work out to around $60 -$70 @ lb.....................not counting the boat, kicker, radar, sounder, batteries, puller, wash pump etc. etc. that has been added............you gotta love fishing or be crazy............or maybe a little of both.

Yeah that's fine no one aboard a sportfishing boat needs a harness and it's debatable if auto inflate is needed either.

Well you try standing on the extended transom in rough seas, when nature calls or pulling the kicker up, because I was too damn cheap to get a kicker with power tilt without a PFD on. I bought the third PDF with the harness "D" rings...............they don't come with a harness, just to have if needed in the future and for others to use. Hell of lot better than life jackets and half the time we leave the boat with them still on because they are not bulky or weigh much. (and probably because our minds aren't quite as sharp as 30 years ago)

Back