Pet Deer Ucluelet

http://www.globaltvbc.com/ucluelet+woman+fighting+to+keep+beloved+pet+deer/6442790314/story.html

What are you guys/gal thought on this?

I say to leave the "over fed" deer with the elderly couple. Its life is almost at an end, not many blacktails in the wild will last over ten years.. not sure about in captivity .. hard to say how it would do in the wild since it has several medical problems (cant run for very long,Bad hips etc.) I think the doe would end up being wolf bait rather than living a "natural" life, my 2 cents

I don't see why they're making a deal out of that. Also, even if they untied it it would still hang around I'd bet.

After the story on the news I told my kids I was going to make a pet out of the 4 point that roams my backyard almost everyday. Lol

She should have never kept it for 10 years. I see the fawn thing but she got attached which is a no no. Bad for the deer. Too late now. So sad really. Looks like primo hamburger meat. Just sayin'.

Leave well enough alone!! I see why rules are in place but in this case nothing and no one is served by enforcing the no pets policy!

I keep watching this story.... I think at this point they should leave her and the deer alone or let me make sausage out of it. :)

I would like to have a pet deer but such a practice usually goes sideways as it is for this lady now. Unfortunately it is now a catch 22 for the deer and the lady. My deer would not be tied to a tree tho. Just sayin.

I think it is a shame that it got to this point in the first place, she shouldn't have taken the deer in all these years ago but at this point it won't do either of them any good to separate them. Even if the deer goes to a rehabilitation facility its days are numbered. There are a lot of worse off animals on the West Coast than that deer. Maybe someone should come have a look at all the dogs and cats I see roaming the highway, that is the real animal abuse.

Back