Peddar Bay - another ramp to disappear?

Deewar25

Ok, so I knew that some good people I know in the trailer park are in the process of getting shafted, but now I'm finding what the real story is and I'm quite sickened by it all. Seems the owner had to cough up some serious dough to build sewage treatment. Solution, kick them all out and put in an RV park that does not require it. The first cheap shot. The 2nd....well, I'm not entirely sure if this was just speculation, but what I hear is they plan to scrape by on this RV park for a couple years, and then turn around and build a fishing resort c/w condo's...etc etc Well, being OBMG, that would mean bye bye public ramp [xx(]

So what, the whole of Sooke area will be faced with 1 1/2 boat ramps in a few year? It's bad enough that these people are stuck with basically no where to go and loose all their assets, but to sink this low to 'avoid' the sewage treatment, and possibly have this grand scheme to make another exclusive resort????? If this is true, totally disgusting!

Curious if anyone has Rob Water's email - I'd be curious on his thoughts as he surely must know many of the long term residents.

TIA....thoughts???

Another example of someone getting the shaft happened at Chaster Point on the Sunshine Coast. There is a house/cabin right at the point and has been there for YEARS. The government wouldn't allow them to replace a septic tank. Basically condemned the house, bought it from them for pennies on the dollar and made it part of Chaster Point Park.

Surprisingly (sarcasm on), a new septic tank and drainfield was suddenly put in once the government owned the house. The parks board now rents out the house for wedding receptions and other gatherings.

Back