overheating on etec

bones

Anyone had overheat alarms in big bore etec. I was half way to thrasher and went into alarm at 75*F. I could not get past 7-8 mph 1800 rpm. I've cleaned the stats and waiting to run it in the lake. Before I do and waste time wondering if there is anything else.

If it goes into alarm at 75F or even Cel then it has to be a sensor. It isn't getting hot, so can't be anything to do with the actual cooling system. If it can detect a lack of water pressure, which I'm not sure of...it should alarm right away.

compressed air can blow out blockages in your discharge tubing..

sounds like a faulty thermostat to me... I have a pdf shop manual if you want , just pm me.

beemer

It was Spun impeller shaft, makes pressure but not volume. Evinrude tec had never seen it before. It did code a throttle position sensor but it checked out ok. Sounds like a dry start to me. The person I purchased from didnt know to much about the motor. Like in order for earmuffs to work you needed to cover the nose cone holes......its a 2stroke.... Not a 4stroke.

Last edited:
so...... took the boat out and not fixed......:(:(:(

took it back to mechanic, found out there are several recalls on a 300hp etec
so taking her back out tomorrow with new injectors and popit valve, hope it works
anyone have a 2010 300hp etec you may have recalls waiting for you.....FYI;)

Back