outside porlier & Galiano

B

boatman38

spent 5hrs on the outside of galliano yesterday.only pickin up small lings,rocks &flounder.only one good hit that took it off the clip.It seems pretty slow out there.comming from saltspring burns alot of gas for not much fish.has anyone been out around pender,sidney or sansum?I'm beginning to wonder if there are salmon around the gulf islands?

quote:Originally posted by boatman38

spent 5hrs on the outside of galliano yesterday.only pickin up small lings,rocks &flounder.only one good hit that took it off the clip.It seems pretty slow out there.comming from saltspring burns alot of gas for not much fish.has anyone been out around pender,sidney or sansum?I'm beginning to wonder if there are salmon around the gulf islands?

We were off Coal Island yesterday killing time while prawning, got a few whacks, but it's definatley not the way it is off Victoria/Sooke.

yah...there doesn't seem to be much feed around either.A few weeks ago there were a bunch of netters scooping up the herring I guess.No feed...no fish.Too bad lings are closed,cause I have caught a few 3to 4fters.

Back