outboard vs inboard

F

fishinfreak91

buyin a new boat.... never used an inboard but have been thinking of getting one instead of outboard. Any preferences? I preferred the outboard before because everything is right there and easy to get to but I have never even seen an inboard set up? What do you think?

PS: I'll be getting a kicker too...(for trolling)

This topic came up last year. If you do a search you'll find it. The concesus was...if you're using the boat primarily in the chuck for fishing, go with an outboard. Mercruiser has recently come up with a saltwater series sterndrive that may be worth looking into if you're considering a sterndrive.
I'm a sterndrive guy...but I'm grossly outnumbered on this site![8D]

EEEEEEK here we go again.Go to the search upper right and type in outboard vs inboard/outboard.Lots of good honest info.Goodluck. DAN

I and just about everyone I know would go outboard all the way. I don't know why but the legs on I/O's have been and still are very troublesome. Outboards are lighter, just the same power, as fuel efficient or more, easier to maintain, no blower/fumes issues. For salwater use in smaller boats, I don't think there is any reason to go with I/O's. That's my 2 bits.

If you are replacing a 350 mercruiser with a bravo 3 leg, you can get the whole deal for under 12k US in Washington including the props

what size boat are you looking for fishinfreak I am just about to list my 98 bayliner 2452. excellent fisher/cruiser brand new 9.9 kicker with seperate helm controls. Boat has a 5.7 merc stern drive in top condition. 34999.00

looking at the explorer (campion) 542 or 552 (i think those are the numbers) same boats just cant decide o/b or i/b

Back