Opinions on Venture Aluminum trailers

bringing it across the boarder is the same as bringing a car, It will require an inspection (Canadian tire) and will have to go through the RIV program. ... I had a tandem Venture... no issues with it. IMO go galvanized local ;)

www.riv.ca

Sir Reel,

FishWish here again :)

I have a tandem venture with side guides for my SeaSport. Super easy to launch and retrieve by myself...boat goes on nice and straight, with not much cranking. The only thing that takes some getting used to is putting the pin in at the hitch when I want to back up...this may be different with the electric over hydraulic. Mine is surge.

If you have any more questions about it, just PM me.

Andrew

Have a triple axle aluminum with surge brakes, it comes with a solenoid that locks out the trailer brakes when backing up. Connected thru a seven pin plug on the back of the dodge. Aluminium requires lots of fresh water rinsing to stay new looking.

Love my aluminum trailer........probably would not go back to galvanized unless the price was right

I have a dual axle Venture aluminum trailer that I purchased from Word Boats a couple of years back. The first trip other than local I had a problem with the surge brakes sticking. In discussion with Sandy @ Word and someone at Venture it was ascertained that there was a problem with the actuator. Venture shipped me a new actuator no charge but would not cover installation as it was expected that it would be returned to the dealer for installation. Sandy from Word Boats was most gracious and sent me a cheque to cover the work. Can't say enough good things about either Word boats or Venture. I am very happy with the trailer up to this point.

h.e.h.

Sir Reel, I have a trailer similiar to what your looking at. Mine is a Seahawk and I haven't had any problems other than replacing one of the support bunks that was warped. I would recommend some trailer guides to help with loading, I float my boat on and winch up the last little bit. In my case, it took me some experimentation to get the correct amount of water over the bunks for nice and easy loading.

Back