Onboard smoker

canadian_bacon93

Does anyone run a smoker on the roof of their boat while they’re away on a multi day trip? Kicking the idea about putting one on the roof and running my generator. What brands? Is wind to much of an issue to make this feasible? What about ash mess ending up everywhere? Thanks for the input everyone.

Does anyone run a smoker on the roof of their boat while they’re away on a multi day trip? Kicking the idea about putting one on the roof and running my generator. What brands? Is wind to much of an issue to make this feasible? What about ash mess ending up everywhere? Thanks for the input everyone.
I can see all kinds of trouble with DFO should you get checked. Fish ID. length, limits etc **** show waiting to happen!!

If you're only smoking small amounts for eating while you're out it shouldn't be a big deal. If you were smoking multiple fish or many pounds the risk of getting in trouble with Fisheries would be a concern. They don't want you processing fish for storage away from home. If you cut up one fillet and had it in the smoker for snacks/dinner etc. while out camping I can't see that being an issue.

If you're only smoking small amounts for eating while you're out it shouldn't be a big deal. If you were smoking multiple fish or many pounds the risk of getting in trouble with Fisheries would be a concern. They don't want you processing fish for storage away from home. If you cut up one fillet and had it in the smoker for snacks/dinner etc. while out camping I can't see that being an issue.
All fish caught are supposed to count against your poss. If you have a full poss and you have a fillet in the smoker-hope you have your tap shoes on!!

Back