On-line Licenses

O

OneWay

Have you purchased your saltwater license and salmon stamp on-line? Great way to do it!

DFO actually plugged the loophole that allowed huge numbers party boats to fish in BC waters off Neah Bay....the on-line license is good anywhere EXCEPT when halibut fishing in Area 121

Important Note Regarding Fishing for Halibut:

No person who is not a Canadian resident may fish for or retain halibut under an electronic licence in management area 121, as described in Schedule II of the Pacific Fishery Management Area Regulations. If you are a non-resident and wish to fish for halibut in management area 121 you must purchase a paper license from a vendor in Canada. Refunds will not be issued, so please ensure your licence selection is correct before you complete your transaction.

:)[^][:p]:D[8D]
Gotta like it....I hope there is an Ace up their sleeve.
We need better enforcement of rules, regs in place.
Before any more are made!!
Come on over, have a visit, go get a licence, go fishing!
What's so hard with that?

Americans have always had to have a license from a vendor (not online) to fish 121. If I was the DFO, I would charge an ungodly amount of money for an online license to fish 121. Enough so that not too many people would do it, but those that did would generate cash money.

Well...if I was Canadian, you couldn't force me to fish on the U.S. side. Even if you did stray over to the U.S., there is only one WDFW game official for marine areas 3 and 4 (at least that is how it was last summer). Also, I have never seen the USCG stop anyone out by swiftsure. Anybody else have any coast guard boardings offshore?

If they did make a rule such that an American would have to have a Canadian on board, I probably wouldn't fish VI at all. I don't have any Canadians in my back pocket to pull out in case of a fishing regulation emergency. Don't get me wrong, I would welcome every friendly forum member from north of the border on to my boat, but I just don't know anybody. Plus pretty much everybody has their own boat. My $4000 per summer would probably be spent focusing on tuna.

I purchased my new yearly license on line and it did not allow me to purchase a salmon stamp. I followed all the steps and the system failed. I was able to print out my license however after logging back in there was no license on record that I just had purchased to let me buy the salmon stamp. I sent DFO an e-mail in regards to this, after 5-6 days they finally repied to me and noted there was a problem with the system and that they will get back to me... been close to a month and have yet to hear back from them..! Time I'v spent on this I could of drove to Canadian tire 10 times and bought it there in person!! Not a good experience for me.. and I still don't have a salmon stamp.. have to go to Canadian Tire anyways to buy a salmon stamp! Realy nice system there DFO!! lol..

Better yet, if your south of the border you must only fish with a Canadian Guide for sammy and haly</u>, (any time)!!!!! take that. Cheers fah Cups just must bit%^H and two cents.

Back