Old time used car lot

Sea lyin’

Where’s the old time car lots? You know the ones, used to be able to wander around the lot, low pressure salesmen and dicker on price. Not the new age no dicker sticker price lots where the salesman looks like a chippendale dancer lol. Every town used to have one. Now, not so much. I’m looking for an older used pickup and dont feel
like paying twice market value. I’ve been scouring the classified sites and can’t believe the prices out there. $5k for a truck that has so many issues it’s really just a parts truck? Or half a million kilometres on them. Looking at trucks in the $5k-$7k range and they all seem to be what used to be $1500 beaters. Not looking for a pavement princess truck that I’m scared to get dirty, I need a mans truck that I will use around the farm and for towing my bobcat and boat. If you know of a good lot with decent prices, post it up. I don’t mind traveling to check them out.

Last edited:
Everything seems price inflated these days.
I paid $15K for my truck back in 2012 and it was only 3 years old.
Now the same truck is selling for more money
9 years later !

For sure. If I’m gonna spend more than $5k on a beater, I want to buy it off a lot where I get some kind of warranty.even if it’s only 6 months. Beats paying the same money for same beater in a private sale and having no recourse when it dies a week later.

All the good stuff is going south to fetch US dollars. Low inventory means high prices. With all the people buying new boats and RV's instead of travelling it just adds to the demand for limited supplies.

We sold a work f150, 2009 model, 320,000km, engine timing skipped and transmission needed a rebuild. We sold it for $5000 in a day. It was also the ugliest gold colour lol. It’s crazy out there. But I’ve had buddies find some good deals. My friend recently bought a 2001 f350 with the 7.3 diesel , low km for around $7000

Back