Old Tackle Box Finds

lazoman

I 'inherited' a buddies Dad's old tackle boxes, all six of them, and after a quick look through found these two items that I've never seen before. First is a nice little 8 inch chrome dodger that has a unique spring loaded hinge near the front, the leading tip snaps back and forth. Couldn't find anything on google, it's labelled "3D SUPERLEX". Might be just the ticket for those Winter Springs, or maybe there's a reason these haven't been sold for 40 yrs ??

gear004.jpg

gear009.jpg

gear010.jpg

gear013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Second is a 1 1/2 inch long barrel device that has three 1/2 inch plastic rings that attach via circlip like metal springs.... anyone recognize it? Some sort of release ?

gear018.jpg

gear019.jpg

gear021.jpg

Probably the most mechanically advanced dodger ever made! Would be really interesting to put it in the drink and she how she swims!

the second item...quite the key chain!

my .02

Interesting SD, how did it work with three lines coming off rigger together like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say there are a couple spare clips, not all 3 at once. The dodger looks like you could change the action and or it goes straight so you only fight the fish not the gear

I would think, since you have three grooves on the barrel thingy, have all clips on your line and the more you clip on the barrel the higher the pull force at which release occurs.
cheers

The 3D SUPERLEX dodger was designed & Marketed by LEX ENTERPRIZES LTD. 1191 WEST 15TH STREET North Vancouver, BC. The dodger was manufactured by International Tool & Die Ltd., Vancouver, BC. It was an exciting new (Pat. Pending) dodger of it's time, made entirely of highly polished stainless steel with a total retail cost of $2.95.

SUPERLEX designed and sold a myriad of products ranging from flashers, dodgers & lures, all offering a 3D fish attracting effect as the product swam through the water. They were scientifically designed to explore a larger volume of water, thus attracting fish from a wider area, as stated in the companies literature.

DHA.

Thanks DHA, good research! "scientifically designed to explore a larger volume of water, thus attracting fish from a wider area"... I like that, LOL, can't wait to give it a try.

On to the next item, an original K-tel FISHIN MAGICIAN, handy dandy "MULTI PURPOSE FISHERMAN's AID" with giant pliers/hook remover/knife blade/bottle opener/can opener/fish scaler/a scale accurate to 16 lbs!/and a 1 meter measuring tape, way ahead of it's time for 1975, even has metric.

I'm open to offers on this piece of fishing history :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX_6fgtkMZg

gear023.jpg

Back