Old School Pics of some Steel!

Since this part of the forum has been pretty lame ever since the stamp debacle i figured id start a thread posting some pics. Feel free to post some up! These were mostly 6-12 years ago. i've put on a few pounds since! :)

DocImage3.jpg

DocImage10.jpg

DocImage9.jpg

This was in 98, i still wear this sweater everytime i fish new water
[img]

Last edited by a moderator:
And the next time you think your flow is packed, this is a normal weekend where i used to live!

DocImage4.jpg

Hope you enjoy them!

Lorne

Steelhead77.jpg

1977 steelhead caught with my 7 foot South Bend fiberglass rod, Garcia Mitchell 410 reel, 10 lb mono and a Roostertail spinner. I got a Field & Stream button and certificate for this one. It was a kelt and I killed it as I didn't know any better at the time. It really didn't taste that good. Heck, I even had hair on my head still ! Caught from a small stream near Victoria.

Summer runs from some years back.
The good old days when I used to catch one or two in the evening just for something to do.

Take care.

BackhandSteely.jpg

Summerrun.jpg

CRSummerrun.jpg

Those are some great fish guys. Keeps the fires burnin for sure. Definitely looking forward to getting out.

November 20, 1977

Caught this big doe on November 20, 1977 on a Brass & Orange Crocodile spoon on my second cast into the pool. On the first cast it made three attemps to get the spoon, tearing up the pool but missing it each time. This is about as fresh as they come and tasted just great!

Nov2019771.jpg

Nov2019772.jpg

Nov2019773.jpg

Thats frickin insane. Looks worse than Sockeye at the papermill dam.

You obviously haven't seen Peg Leg bar in Chilliwack during a sockeye opening. Great shots of the steelhead fellas - back in the day!

Back