OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where were you fishing when you caught that flatty, Wildthing? Sweet!

Would love to see some pics of the chum!!!

Big creepy eyes...white gums....not much for pretty spots.....never worth a photo op. :p

Got one a couple of weeks back at the north arm.....it actually made good fish tacos with a bit of zip added to the spice mixture on the fish. ;)

Last edited:
Thinking about heading out at 2. Any news at the Cap? I havent fished it yet this year, trying to avoid it. Unfortunately my last Bell trip was a dud. I was guilty of trying to repeat the process of when I cought that 27 last week. Its like they're never in the same spot twice this year.

Thinking about heading out at 2. Any news at the Cap? I havent fished it yet this year, trying to avoid it. Unfortunately my last Bell trip was a dud. I was guilty of trying to repeat the process of when I cought that 27 last week. Its like they're never in the same spot twice this year.

I'd certainly give it a whirl today before tomorrow and it looks like traffic ON the Lion's Gate when a head on collision has happend! ;)

At Sandheads now.
Flat calm, 30 boats. Orcas came thru just now.
Release 1 undersized spring on a hoochie at
70 ft
Not much action so far
Unfortunately yes, she was not releasing that one. It was her biggest ever and she hasn't caught that many. I'm trying to get her into releasing fish, but no way she wanted to let that one go. She's released a few this season, but that one was one she just didn't want to let go.
Oh nice Ling cod makes the best fish and chips. MMmmm so white and flaky. Thanks for the reports!

Big ling do become grainy and get worms, keep an eye out.

Fished the mouth of the cap and the pink apartments today 10:30-2. 2 nice hits but had a rookie handling the fishing rod for the first one and wasn't sure of what "tight lines" meant and the 2nd one popped off at the water line. Calm but busy today and always nice to see another Arima owner on the water ;). I think October is actually going to be a good month this year....seems the fishing is just starting to heat up now.

Sandheads today from 9 to 5... 2 lost at the boat... Big one lost to a seal and one just undersized... Like Aussie said The bite turned on at around 2:30.. Great day out there today!

Sandheads today from 9 to 5... 2 lost at the boat... Big one lost to a seal and one just undersized... Like Aussie said The bite turned on at around 2:30.. Great day out there today!

I never made it South today, started at Cap area then headed North to Point Atkinson and lots of boats but never saw a net out. Went to North Arm and wind started to pickup around 2 and thats when a 14 foot tin boat caught a 20 right beside me. He and his daughter deserved it for working so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back