OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished Sandheads today 3-6. Quiet for me. 2 Shakers, and another shaker that a seal grabbed....Then back to the dock and a 100lb+ seal has hauled itself out onto my dock slip!!! As I motor in and block its easy escape route you could see the fear in its eyes. Didn't have the heart to kick it as it scampered off 6" from my feet.

that's what the like button is for;)
lol you need to get out more away from the computer and make some reports

Been a little windy for my smaller boat this week, I'm heading to the Gulf Islands with the boat tomorrow for a few days now that the winds dropped down. Want to get in some bottom fishing there before the Ling season closes. I love the Gulf Islands, just been a little windy this summer I've only gone over a couple of times.

I feel that is insufficient sometimes. Sometimes, I think a guy actually deserves a thank you when the are providing info and not just a pic, or a catch count.
This is getting ridiculous . People are doing the forum a favour reporting anything , take the content or leave it. This is a reports thread, quite simple, either report, or congratulate. Too much ******** making it hard to decipher what's a report and what's not. Take the other stuff to the general discussion forum .Looking forward to to 2017 reports thread to start as a few members have taken this thread straight to the dump.

Last edited:
been out three times in the last week on the cap lost a couple brought 2 home between 2 of the trips have lost fish aswell each outing, right off bottom in about 90 -100ft of water all on chovies

Out at the north arm in the tin can. Marking fish but no bites yet. Killers just went by heading south. Small pod 6-7.

R

Fished Sandheads using old teqnique and got 1 chrome chum that weighed in at 17lbs. Had 2 more on but lost them , never saw a net out from 7-11. Moved to North Arm from 12-3 with about 4-5 boats and only managed to get 2 hits. Moved to Bell Bouy and got 2 15lb springs within. 15 minutes and then porpoises came in and it was over. long day.

At Sandheads now.
Flat calm, 30 boats. Orcas came thru just now.
Release 1 undersized spring on a hoochie at
70 ft
Not much action so far

So you put it in the BOX

Unfortunately yes, she was not releasing that one. It was her biggest ever and she hasn't caught that many. I'm trying to get her into releasing fish, but no way she wanted to let that one go. She's released a few this season, but that one was one she just didn't want to let go.

Last edited:
but a first today for me out in the middle this fella came aboard .....
not big but a good sign for the straight
IMG_20160915_160851.jpg

Hit the Bell for an hour starting at 5 pm tonight. No joy so headed over to the Cap. Picked up fairly dark 14 lb spring on the first pass at 50' on anchovy above a dummy flasher. Put the lines down for another 30 minutes but no more action. Haven't seen it that calm in a while, wish this weather would stick around through the weekend but doesn't look like it...

You would be correct....
I'll save TBG the trouble since he's on a trip on the gulf islands which youll see reading back to yesterday..

From the regs:

Effective May 1, 2016 - September 30, 2016 fishing will open for:

• Lingcod in Areas: 12-1 to 12-13, 12-15 to 12-48, 13 to 19, 20-5 to 20-7 and 29-5.
    • Daily limit: 1
    • Possession limit: 2
    • Minimum size limit: 65cm
    • Annual limit: 10
    • Gear: angling (hook and line) and spear fishing while diving.
    • Areas 28 and 29 (except Subarea 29-5) remain closed to fishing for lingcod, including catch and release
Here's the link:
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s29-eng.html#finfish

Nice flat cod Wild thing, and thanks with the help last weekend at gibs marina.

Fished SHeads Thurs 10-4. No love.
Saw a few hook ups and heard of a couple decent fish. Report: SAF.

Yesterday at Sandheads our day consisted of :
1 spring that was a tad too small -released
1 wild coho - released
2 chum , one kept for the smoker, caught on chovies between 35 - 50 ft

The water was incredibly flat calm for the entire time we were out. I wish that would happen
more often, seems like there has been way too many windy days this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back