OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so did you observe the "new" fishing boundary? were the port authority out there making sure the asshats didn't fish in front of the in/out bound freighters? not sure if it's even worthwhile putting my boat in the water if I can't fish close to the marker where I used to

Hey Guys, I'm fishing up at Bamfield and inlet..... NADDA! Is it any better at sandheads????

I haven't been to Sandheads since the weekend. From fogduckers post on the Bamfield thread I was thinking the fishing was still ok there. I'll send you a PM with with the best info I can think of to help you get some fish.

A bit late but fished the Cap on Monday morning for the first 3 hours of the flood. Not a sniff from a salmon for us but we did see a couple from other boats. Given the fleet out there it was not good fishing.

Has anyone been seeing the harrison whites show up yet off the Fraser? They typically show up a few weeks ago but any springs I have caught off sandheads/T10 have been reds. I haven't fished the Fraser mouth in 2 weeks so hopefully others are seeing whites by now. thx

The whites have been showing for a week and a half at the Fraser from what I've seen.

Just had some hate mail from another newer forum member on this thread over my report from a week ago. He's accusing a couple of us on the thread of being liars and says that the Cap is on fire for him and that everyone should be fishing the Cap.... And that he is the grand Poobah of Catch it all.

Well, the truth is....any day could be fantastic...depending on who you happen to be....it's fishing.

Be mindful of posting a good report comrades.....there is dissension in the ranks when others are outfished....and you're lying if you catch more fish than him.

Take any and all of these reports as truth even though some may be fishier then others but at the end of the day guys hitting the water 3 to 4 times a week are going to have WAY more insight and luck then most weekend warriors. Its all about being in the right spot at the right time, right gear, the right depth etc thats FISHING!

As a junior saltwater guy with only a few years doing this and a three year old and baby on the way, which equals not a lot of days out all I can say is please please keep up the reports. They are very much appreciated. How could anything even remotely negative come from someone taking the f_cking time out of their day to graciously put up a report. You know what positive reports with statements like "on-fire" do to me? They get me very excited. And if I go out and it's not like that am I bitter? Hell no, it's a big area and the fish could be anywhere. Thank you very much to all the boys taking the time to report, keep up the good work. Cheers!!!!

Just had some hate mail from another newer forum member on this thread over my report from a week ago. He's accusing a couple of us on the thread of being liars and says that the Cap is on fire for him and that everyone should be fishing the Cap.... And that he is the grand Poobah of Catch it all.

Well, the truth is....any day could be fantastic...depending on who you happen to be....it's fishing.

Be mindful of posting a good report comrades.....there is dissension in the ranks when others are outfished....and you're lying if you catch more fish than him.

Not that it really matters but this post isn't clear. Are you saying you are mad because the newer member caught more fish than you at the cap?

I agree that any report is good, on that note I just stopped in at Berry's Bait to grab some large herring for bottom fishing. I asked them how the Fraser had been lately and they said it had slowed considerably from a few weeks ago.

Not that it really matters but this post isn't clear. Are you saying you are mad because the newer member caught more fish than you at the cap?

Nope. I'm not mad at all... He didn't do well at Sandheads and is calling everyone who caught fish at Sandheads a week or more than a week ago liars because he has caught 8 at the Cap in one weeks worth of fishing.

From time to time I get hate mail like that calling good Trips I had or first hand information I passed along BS...When they couldn't produce the same results as others.

Anyways...never mind the fact that a bud is having good action off Sandheads right now.... Because it's all lies...and the Cap is the ONLY place to catch fish.... Since they don't move and you get to make many passes by them over and over and over again until they make a half assed strike at your anchovy.....

Personally, I am really looking forward to getting out for a few hours each day this weekend. Regardless of how good the catching is, I am really looking forward to the fishing and the fresh air.

Nope. I'm not mad at all... He didn't do well at Sandheads and is calling everyone who caught fish at Sandheads a week or more than a week ago liars because he has caught 8 at the Cap in one weeks worth of fishing.

From time to time I get hate mail like that calling good Trips I had or first hand information I passed along BS...When they couldn't produce the same results as others.

Anyways...never mind the fact that a bud is having good action off Sandheads right now.... Because it's all lies...and the Cap is the ONLY place to catch fish.... Since they don't move and you get to make many passes by them over and over and over again until they make a half assed strike at your anchovy.....

Bud, I'm sure though you couldn't give a rats butt about a PM troll.
I might have busted your balls about the on fire report a while ago, but I was just playing with you.
Just hope this forum doesn't get too much more negative or it will go the way of the Dodo.
Lads need to lighten the **** up.
It's been a slow year, so what.
Anyway, fished Sandheads this afternoon, got one to the box, saw a few others hook up.
That's all.

Made the run out to Sandheads yesterday morning. Only managed brave the waves and winds for 45 mins but managed to catch and release 2 larger wild cohos on anchovies at 40 and 60 in water 200- 300. North arm this time last year was better to me.

fished 4-7 today at the north arm. No love for us. Didn't see any nets out either. Spectacular day though to be out even though there were no fish. I didn't mark much on the sounder either.

Was out today. Fished the Bell to start and had a buddy break one off. Right after that he brought out 2 bananas.

Went South after that and managed to get a 12 pounder and an 8 pounder. Buddy lost another good fish and had one just undersized. Needless to say we razed him the whole way home about his bananas. It was a bit of a grind, but at least we had some action. 30 to 50 was the preferred depth.

I feel that is insufficient sometimes. Sometimes, I think a guy actually deserves a thank you when the are providing info and not just a pic, or a catch count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back