OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not hard to follow the fleet of boats i remember when i was a kid with my dad we fished the south east part of the island and it would be nuts and if fishing was slow i could watch the show of people freaking out lol , we had 3 nice ones one but only managed one in the net!! Seen a couple other ones caught and a nice wild coho caught and they bonked it !! Wasn't happy seeing that!!

Holy **** boys these reports got me goin. Been in Campbell river fishing last 2 weeks made out Ok gunna head to north arm right now for some of this local action. Will report after

Last year it was good right til end of September. This year, who knows. They were late arriving - may be early leaving or late leaving. I guess we'll find out by end of September!
Right on thanks for the info if you can call it that haha I guess we will see

Day went like this
Put in @ 1:30 lions gate
Fished from the second mile marker out to the bell bouy and around the north arm jetty nothing in that pass
Heavy chop once we rounded the jetty
Turned back towards bell buoy and nailed a 11 lbs red on the way back.
Took him at about 30 ft on the downrigger on a anchovy with a 6 foot leader no bananas flasher good luck out there cheers

image.jpeg All quiet at the south arm tonite. Here's one reason why... About a dozen or so put on a nice show for us.

Last edited:
Was out at Sandheads Tuesday fishing 40-60' anchovies, 2 sockeyes and 2 other hits that didn't stick (socks were released very quickly). Whale show around noon made things interesting with the whale boats going right through the middle of the fleet.

Trolled North Arm to Bell buoy last night 5- 7:30pm. 1 hit on Anchovy at 40ft in front of Bell at 7pm that did not stick. No other action.

Looks like we are waiting for the next wave, if there is one!
I was out all day yesterday and both at North / South arms , regardless of whales there were no fish taken. I'd say its over for this year from what I have seen so far, I think the springs have gone the way of the sockeye and won't be making a comeback for a long time if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back