OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the bell for half an hour, Ickes up and hit T10, has been on fire the last hour. 2 double headers but have only landed 1. Fishing solo, it's a tough life.

Got what I thought would be my 2nd and limit. Peeled off some amount of line. Then started acting real weird, darting side to side, jumping and what not. Next thing, it peels, and keeps on peeling. Was a f&$@king seal. I hate those bastards.
Bring on the seal cull.

Came out of the North arm around 11am this morning and it was the worst weather I've seen there. 6'wind chop with 6' tidal waves perpendicular to the wind chop. Don't want to do that anytime soon again. Trolled around the bell for 4 hours. Just as I was going to pick up and head down to t-10 when the weather calmed down, hit a beauty 15lb red. Slow afternoon but a hell of a lot better than a skunk.

Yesterday was lumpy ended u with a broken kicker mount with the rough water but ended up bagging 2 25lbs beauty reds. When it finally calmed down enough

Dead calm now, but environment Canada is saying it's going to blow up to 20-25 knots after midnight. I hope that doesn't happen that would suck for the derby. There saying it's going to drop down around noon. My boats still a little bit pulled apart, but I'm more or less done. I was thinking of going out for an early fish anyways, so I hope their wrong (especially for the guys in the derby). Good luck out there this weekend.

Came out of the North arm around 11am this morning and it was the worst weather I've seen there. 6'wind chop with 6' tidal waves perpendicular to the wind chop. Don't want to do that anytime soon again. Trolled around the bell for 4 hours. Just as I was going to pick up and head down to t-10 when the weather calmed down, hit a beauty 15lb red. Slow afternoon but a hell of a lot better than a skunk.

Crazy stuff, amazing what a few hours can do. Was beautiful out there this afternoon.

Knew I shouldn't have listened to EC and just gone anyways. Glad you have great conditions. Have fun with catching and releasing in the derby.

Wow, too bad you're not in the derby. Bet that fish might be near the top of the leader board when alls said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back