OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was also at HITW all day had 2smaller ones and a **** load of pcod saw about 6 or so different bait balls and seen two salmon hit one of them pretty good was cool to see ! But didnt see one net out all day!

I don`t get it.....why is it that you give the newbs two very simple commands and yet they still cannot seem to grasp; keep the damn tip up and no slack, reel as fast as possible when that happens. Lost two good one last weekend for the exact same reason. They seem to start out ok, but after about 2 minutes the rod is damn near on the gunwale and they have stopped reeling and are watching the rod tip saying `I lost it`.........At that point my only response is `yeah you probably have`.......

I hear ya buddy......somehow "don't take a sh*t in the cockpit" resonates but other simple commands don't. :rolleyes:

Just rolled in from Silva bay since friday night. Crossing friday night after work was a bit rough but nothing we couldn't handle. Got on the water at 9 am sat morning and had some pretty solid action till lunch on glow hoochies and chartreuse glow flashers at 145 - 165, ended up with 3 keepers . 9 - 18 lbs, many undersize ranging from 10 - 20 inches. hit lings after we had some lunch at the pub and had no trouble filling limits, live pcod on circle hooks did the trick. Wokeup this morning to some good wind and some of the worst water ive seen on the inside, but we crossed anyways, fished the bellbuoy with one other guide boat for a few hours and put 2 more 10lbers in the box. I have a feeling we could have had a really productive trip if the wind hadent been such an issue.

Just rolled in from Silva bay since friday night. Crossing friday night after work was a bit rough but nothing we couldn't handle. Got on the water at 9 am sat morning and had some pretty solid action till lunch on glow hoochies and chartreuse glow flashers at 145 - 165, ended up with 3 keepers . 9 - 18 lbs, many undersize ranging from 10 - 20 inches. hit lings after we had some lunch at the pub and had no trouble filling limits, live pcod on circle hooks did the trick. Wokeup this morning to some good wind and some of the worst water ive seen on the inside, but we crossed anyways, fished the bellbuoy with one other guide boat for a few hours and put 2 more 10lbers in the box. I have a feeling we could have had a really productive trip if the wind hadent been such an issue.

How long did the trip take you and what were you in? We started with a view of getting to Nanaimo and decided against it just as we passed Bowen, my son got a bit scared and to be honest I was not up for being thrown around for over an hour. We spent the night in Snug Cove and fished HITW Saturday with nothing to show for it.

330 Grady express, left from coal harbour around 7, there by 8ish. We had a pretty good crew who could handle the water

It might be a good time for Thrasher this weekend: Good weather and maybe a last chance to throw the prawn traps out?

cutting out from work early, heading out for a birthday fish, aiming for the 3:30'ish pm low tide this afternoon... will report if successful

Two undersize north of hole in the wall today

Anchovies so thick that the water appeared black in sections from the schools.

Returned 4 sets of traps from 3 different people All floating in the tide line by anvil island. Three very happy people! Wondering if the currents were strong or perhaps the big tide changes?

Got out for a few hours this afternoon while the traps soaked, one almost legal 130' at cotton point, 50 or so prawns made it a success

Two day safari, hole in the wall, the hump and thrasher each produced 1 legal spring. Not much size to any of them, 8, 10 and 12. Slow fishing overall especially for this time of year. Bottom fishing over at Thrasher very very slow.

water was great! fished the low tide 3 hours from just past the bell buoy to 1st mile marker, had one hit that did not stick to my "kitchen sink" TKO (currently my favorite go to spoon). lots of crabs in the trap
Then gear shift cable failed and only had reverse, limped in on the kicker. Good thing we did not head to the hump.

Fished HITW yesterday 2 undersized in front of sunset marina on purple haze hootchie 80' ... wow on the bait balls seen it yesterday sea of black !
tried bait and spoons also .

Day before not a sniff at the bell

...this was yesterday morning getting an early start . She was flat sea's yesterday .
upload_2016-5-12_8-34-49.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back