OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I was out at Hole in the Wall for the afternoon about 1hr before-after low slack. Nothing happening. Passed close to another guy fishing and he didn't seem to have anything either. A big Grady showed up and did one pass south to north and left, I'm guessing they didn't find anything either.

Might try the Hump for high slack tomorrow morning.

fished young point area Friday afternoon ..went 1 for 2 ..big tide, full moon stuff.. marking some good fish and bait balls..everything for me came on the afternoon tide change...

Attachments

• 20150605_123322_resized.jpg
    20150605_123322_resized.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,434
Epsom still producing. Kept a 13 and a 17. Lost a screamer and a smaller guy. Dogfish ate a good chunk of our chovies though.

So I joined the crowd of boats at Cowan Point for a while yesterday morning from around 8-11:30am. Passed a guy fishing solo in a Campion Explorer who said he released one undersize around 7:30am. I watched the Bon Chovy 30' Grady White troll around for a while and saw them with one hookup....once the rod was in the guest's hands the fish was gone. Otherwise didn't see any action.

I got fuel at Fisherman's Cove and the gas jockey said that he hadn't been hearing of any fish being caught. Beautiful day to be on the water though!

Got out very briefly on the weekend. Fishing out of Pender harbour/ Quarry bay contours. There was some bait, but down very deep (250' or so and deeper), tried very deep line and shallow, all over, with fish showing on the sounder occasionally at all depths (100', 150', 200', even 250' but some current made it tough). Second time I was out for a short bit seemed to be marking quite a bit of salmon on the finder at my downrigger depth but no takers. Another guy out there I know of got two 15 lbers in a short stint but I was not out at the time.
Marks really deep at 250'+ in bait, what may have been just a school of doggies, not really dialed in yet haven't been out for more than a few hours this year which is unfortunate.

20150606_190233.jpg

Finding scattered reports on wind and weather for tomorrow.
I know it's been asked.
But whats the best resource for weather in and around the straight?

Got out very briefly on the weekend. Fishing out of Pender harbour/ Quarry bay contours. There was some bait, but down very deep (250' or so and deeper), tried very deep line and shallow, all over, with fish showing on the sounder occasionally at all depths (100', 150', 200', even 250' but some current made it tough). Second time I was out for a short bit seemed to be marking quite a bit of salmon on the finder at my downrigger depth but no takers. Another guy out there I know of got two 15 lbers in a short stint but I was not out at the time.
Marks really deep at 250'+ in bait, what may have been just a school of doggies, not really dialed in yet haven't been out for more than a few hours this year which is unfortunate.

View attachment 18557

We did Quarry Bay Saturday morning to no avail. Yes the bait seemed deep. Went back for Sunday morning tide but it was way choppy. Decided to troll back to the harbour and got an 18 right at Feeney Point.

No pips gonna go with the same game plan gotta check and see the wind forecast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost a teenager chinook yesterday in howe sound and got 16lbs Saturday. Other than that it's been pretty slow for me!

Back