Off center boat seat pedestals?

Move seat pedistals?

• Total voters
So this has bothered me ever since I got my boat. For some reason they mounted the front seat pedestals off center and it's always looked goofy to me. When trying to swivel the seat it makes it a pain and the starboard seat ends up touching the steering wheel. I tend to think it would also be hard on the suspension mount with more weight on one side. The only thing I can think of is they did it because of floor support? Any ideas before I eventually make an aluminum base plate and center them? Thx for your opinions.
DSC_1909.JPG

Last edited:
I think you re right and could be due to floor supports. U also have the smooth move seat posts..not that it really matters but the fact that they have a small foot print and need the extra support

I think you re right and could be due to floor supports. U also have the smooth move seat posts..not that it really matters but the fact that they have a small foot print and need the extra support
I guess if I would have known they were going to do that I would have told them not to mount the posts and I would have added some floor support so they could be centered. Must be the OCD in me.

IMO I would want to change/fix this as it will put more stress and strain on one side of the mount and seat hardware and cause premature wear and breakage.

Damn....I didn't see it at first but ya that sucks...I'd get in touch with the manufacturer pronto and see if they are willing to help..good feed back and relations opp for them

IMO I would want to change/fix this as it will put more stress and strain on one side of the mount and seat hardware and cause premature wear and breakage.
I agree and would also worry about the stress at the floor level where the bolts are attached due the torque caused by the off-centre seat pressure. IMO, the weight needs to be distributed straight down into the floor.

Back