Ocean Explosion

this is something these guys will be telling their kids about 30 years from now. thats awsome. I dunno much about diving in big bodies of water so that looks soo dangerous to dive down into all taht.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy must been worth getting slapped in the head by a tuna or two.. who is going to jump in out west here with a go-pro stuck to their forehead?

incredible... I gotta get down to central/south america sometime and go fishing.... crazy!!

In the late 80s fishing off of Loreto in Baja, we were drifting with a bunch of debris casting and hooking one dorado after another. about 115 degrees and unrelenting sun, dead calm. I could hear a great waterfall sort of noise coming up from the S and a couple of miles off to our E. a huge school of yellow fin tuna porposing and moving at such speed its hard to describe. these fish were 100 to 300 pound'ers and there were thousands of them. the show lasted a good 10 minutes. any idea of chasing them in the beatup old panga with a 40 horse was useless thinking. I still can hear them and see the site in my head.

if you ever get to the Monterey aquarium, make certain to be a the tuna tank when they feed them. you will not believe the speed and agility these huge tuna have.

Back