O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Left ladysmith @ 6:00 am. Lines in water at 7:00. First fish 10 min later and our limit of 8 at 9:15. Lost a few. Short leaders caught all fish for us today. 25" great day.

I was around the North Arm today from 7am-10am. There were so many sockeye jumping that my dog didn't know which way to look...too funny!!

Caught two sockeye on glow squirts behind a Gibbs T10 flasher which I lost at the end of the day. Weighed the fish at Sewells on the way home: 8lbs and 7.5lbs.

I'll be out again tomorrow.

Hit sandheads today...south arm and had 12 in the boat by 8:02 75-80ft in 250 ft of water. magic!!!

vac packed fish with the foodsaver system. bought some bags at stupidstore, 48 bags for $32 bucks last week, then went stateside to wally world and found em in boxes of 20 for $10 all 1 quart bags......anybody know anywhere cheaper?

Dont be such a tightwad lucky...jezus you are putting away the priceless sockeye, wrap them in a sheet of gold and have them properly sealed like we did this summer....better hurry, sounds like you might not be hitting the bricks after all...then Getbent will have peace and quiet out there all by his lonsome...lol

Fished north arm to t 10 with the wife and kids about four hours this am had a few double headers lost some boxed nine before some were looking green. Headed for home....... Died of a little after ten for us all fish from 40 to 85 feet pink red orange and silver theme still gettin em good .. Fun day to be out but hot. Great to get the kids into some fish and have some laughs. Glad we left when we did. Hit the pool ..... Love those early am fishes.

Today's Sox for supper again ........ Oh darn ...... Aren't hey tasty folks !

HT

Hey Lucky if you have the external vacuum attachment on your Foodsaver you can use the re-usable Zip lock vacuum bags but you'll have to cut your fillets in half to fit in them. Just trying them for the first time this year for some of the fish and especially the smoked salmon chunks.

Hit sandheads today...south arm and had 12 in the boat by 8:02 75-80ft in 250 ft of water. magic!!!

vac packed fish with the foodsaver system. bought some bags at stupidstore, 48 bags for $32 bucks last week, then went stateside to wally world and found em in boxes of 20 for $10 all 1 quart bags......anybody know anywhere cheaper?

I found costco the best. Bought a box yesterday.

Fished the morning yesterday and today , holy fish on ! wow it's unbelievable out there right now ,this morning we fished from 7-9am hit our 8 limit, took a newbie out and nothing but smiles :D...... Fishing out of my tinner last couple of days and fished the kone zone on one side on the ball and a tandem flasher on the other side of the ball and 2 rods , keeping it simple to dummies on the ball for me ,15' boat scared of tangles lol , 2 double headers today , pretty sweet fishing out there . All at north arm 80' and 75' Heading out tomorrow morning

:cool: Cheers !

Last edited by a moderator:
Never turned on but also could not locate the schools. Just a few showing up now and then. But at least not skunked. Out 5pm to 840pm. All the hookups were at about 7 pm then dead.

Sounds like the morning was epic out there! We made it out for a short few hours this evening. Seemed really slow at T10; didn't see any nets out. About to pack it in and a spring slammed the deep rod. A decent fight and landed a 15lb marble. It bit my experimental sox gear which was a single barbless black hook with one leg of a hootchie tied to it. Go figure.

Cheers

Out from 4:30 to 7:45pm at North Arm. The wife got all the fish on one of 4 rods. One dogfish, one sockeye, one 17lb red spring. 95'. Only saw one good school on the sounder and couldn't re-find it. Be out in the morning with my little boy, all 6"5" of him. Hoping for some new ones to show and stay out of the river until we catch 8.

We went three for five at the North Arm yesterday evening. We also struggled to find schools. Was a beautiful evening out there though. This fishery certainly is a morning one. You work for your fish in the afternoon.

We went 4 for 5 at the north arm last evening. Eriks , was that you in the 27' whaler by chance ? I was in the 25 revenge ??

Yeah, that was me and my son. It's actually a 25 Walkaround. Nice Revenge you have there! Next time I see you out there, I'll come up closer and introduce myself.

We are heading over from Nanaimo at first light tomorrow for some Sox action. Does anyone have a site for web cams looking on the water where the fisherman are trolling?

Good luck and any reports from today would be great.

Thanks,

Codfather

We are heading over from Nanaimo at first light tomorrow for some Sox action. Does anyone have a site for web cams looking on the water where the fisherman are trolling?

Good luck and any reports from today would be great.

Thanks,

Codfather

You don't need a webcam....just pick an arm of the Fraser in the MORNING and drop your lines. ;) North Arm has been great the past few mornings.

Look for boats on the horizon and utilize that as your webcam. ;)

Global some times has a web cam on weather but only Van harbour ...... Not where u want to fish lately if u want your best odds with Sox. South arm to North arm, the entire area is or can be good. I prefer T 10 to Sandheads which is the South arm. 45 to 85 feet seems best. Hit it as early as possible. It shuts off usually later in the morning then u pick up a few through out the day. And at times it lights up for a short bite but not as good as first few hours.

Good luck to u

Back