Nuu-chah-nulth Poise to Block Herring Fishery

Well, I called up one of the local EC Van Isle processing plants last herring season and the female plant manager told me that the roe was going overseas and the rest was going to fish farm feed. You know what is another BC commercial fishery mostly for the fish farms? Krill. DFO Herring Resource Manager told me so and passed along this report which states the use: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...8ErWCSnQkLhEFxJVY_42W3Q&bvm=bv.89184060,d.cGU

"Most of the commercial harvest of Euphausiids in BC is frozen for use in the manufacture of fish food. A small portion of the catch is freeze dried and used as aquarium pet food. There are also new and developing markets for “krill”, the common marketing name, as human food products, food additives, biochemicals, enzymes, and protein concentrates."

Not a rip...it's the facts.

Super awesome info Andrew...

Fish farm feed is made up of a generic sardine, caught and processed in Chile. The sardine has very little value other than oil or meal. Just need to give the farmers a rip eh ?

Sounds fishy to me...
http://sustainability.skretting.com...limited-marine-resources/#future-commitment-2
I'm no expert on what goes into the the farm fish food here in BC but I would have not doubt that some of the herring go to the plant and are turned into food / oil for that industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
So your local unnamed source from the local fish plant says BC herring are used in fish farm feed. That doesn't mean anything to me. Just stick with the facts jack.

Heiltsuk First Nation says commercial herring fishery violated constitutional rights

Heiltsuk claim Fisheries and Ocean Canada's method of measuring herring stocks is flawed

CBC News Posted: Mar 23, 2015 5:35 AM PT Last Updated: Mar 23, 2015 7:44 AM PT

The Heiltsuk First Nation on B.C.'s Central Coast says when Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) opened a herring fishery on Sunday afternoon it violated the band's constitutional rights.

According to a statement released by the Heiltsuk, just before 5 p.m. PT, the federal department opened the herring sac roe seine fishery in Spiller Channel, despite the First Nation's demands the commercial fishery remain closed this year to preserve herring stocks.

“This action shows blatant disrespect of aboriginal rights by DFO and industry,” said Chief Councillor Marilyn Slett.

Last week the Heiltsuk declared a tribal ban on commercial sac roe fishing in all of Area 7, including Spiller Channel where the fishery was opened on Sunday.

The First Nation said fisheries officials only told them about the opening half and hour after it began on Sunday.

“DFO provided inconsistent and misleading communications throughout the day and did not attempt meaningful consultation," said Slett.

The First Nation is vowing to fight any further openings.

“We must put conservation first. We have voluntarily suspended our community-owned commercial gillnet herring licenses for this season to allow stocks to rebuild, but DFO and industry are unwilling to follow suit,” said Kelly Brown, director of the Heiltsuk Integrated Resource Management Department, in a statement released on Monday morning.

"We don't trust DFO science"

Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) said its forecasts show herring abundance continues to support modest commercial harvest opportunities.

Spokesman Dan Bate said herring roe fisheries are opened in local areas in consultation with industry advisers.

"DFO continues to have dialogue with the members of the local First Nations. DFO Conversation and Protection Officers have been speaking with commercial harvesters on the water to ensure the fishery is conducted in a sustainable and orderly manner," he wrote in an e-mail to the Canadian Press.

"DFO respects the right to protest, however we condemn any threat of violence or reprisal against those exercising their right to practice a lawful and sustainable fishery."

Greg Thomas, the chair of the Herring Industry Advisory Board, said there are plenty of fish and if there is a Heiltsuk blockade, he expects police to intervene, but adds that the board prefers to negotiate an agreement.

But the Heiltsuk claim herring stocks are on the verge of collapse.
Haida Nation win injunction against commercial fishery on Haida Gwaii

"We don't trust the DFO science." said Carrie Humchitt, the First Nation's legal advisor. "It's very industry driven."

In the meantime the First Nation is working with its own team of advisors to establish its own measure of how Pacific herring stocks are doing in B.C. waters.

The Heiltsuk Nation is the latest aboriginal band to speak out with warnings of perilously low stock numbers in a long-standing battle against the reopening of commercial herring fisheries.

The Haida Nation recently won an injunction to block a planned fishery, after joining two other First Nations to fight a fishery's reopening last year.

Google Maps: Spiller Channel, B.C.

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/news/heiltsuk-heartbroken-herring-fisherys-re-start-rcmp-protection

Heiltsuk heartbroken by herring fishery's re-start, with RCMP protection

“We’re really concerned this fish will be fished to extinction,” said Heiltsuk Chief Councillor Marilyn Slett. "Our community just can’t bear that risk.

Mychaylo Prystupa
|Mar 23rd, 2015
Heiltsuk herring RCMP fish commercial Vancouver Obverser Ian McAllister

Heiltsuk woman Carrie Humchitt watches powerlessly as a commercial fishing boat takes in tonnes of herring fish in a disputed fishing area on the B.C. central coast near Bella Bella on Sunday. Photo by Ian McAllister

It's come to this. The police protection of the controversial herring fishing, on B.C.'s central coast. Heiltsuk Nation had opposed the return of the large fishing boats for weeks, warning federal fishery officials, that the fishing could wipe out the fragile herring stocks in their traditional waters.

But when DFO quickly re-opened the commercial fishery of herring near Bella Bella on Sunday, it still came as a shock. Band members sped out in boats to intersect with the large fishing vessels.

“It was heart breaking,” said Carrie Humchitt, a traditional fishing co-ordinator with Heiltsuk Nation on Monday. "There was no advance notice. It took us by surprise. I went there right away to protest the kill-fishery happening without our consent."

And she had harsh words for the fishermen.

“One of them told his captain to tell us to ‘f-off’ — and I told him to ‘f-off’ and gave him the one finger salute," said Humchitt. "After that we toned down, and we asked how much quota they were taking and they just turned their backs on us.”

"I told them to get out of our fishery. They have no respect for us," she added.

The herring fishery has been closed in pockets of B.C. for many years due to over fishing. But the Department of Fisheries and Oceans and industry believes the stock has resumed enough to let limited catches resume.

Several coastal First Nations have opposed the re-start of the herring commercial fishery including the Haida and the Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council, both of which filed court challenges to stop the fish trade.

The nearby Haida won an injunction, but the tribal council’s bid failed in a federal court last month, so commercial boats returned this weekend, with the police protection of several vessels standing by.

"They had the police and Coastal Guard out there pretty well to watch over them and their kill fishery,” said Humchitt. "We have tonnes of fish getting sucked out through their industrial process. And it really made me sick to watch."

The main Aboriginal concern is the preservation of their traditional roe-on-kelp fishing method, that Heiltsuk have practiced for thousands of years on this coast. The local community in Bella Bella, with extreme unemployment, also rely heavily on the traditional catch, which only harvests the herring eggs, not the fish itself.

“We’re really concerned this fish will be fished to extinction,” said Heiltsuk Chief Councillor Marilyn Slett on Monday. "Our community just can’t bear that risk.”

Herring fish RCMP boats Bella Bella Heiltsuk Vancouver Observer Ian McAllister

RCMP boats monitoring the herring commercial fishery in Bella Bella on the weekend. Photo by Ian McAllister, Pacific Wild.

But the commercial fishing industry —represented by the Herring Industry Advisory Board —says DFO’s science shows there's "ample" room in the stock for indigenous people to do their fishing, while allowing companies to make their profits too.

“The catches in relative terms are small. 800 tonnes for purse seine boats, and 600 tonnes for gill nets. Sounds like a lot of fish. But in fishing terms, those are relatively modest targets," said Greg Thomas, chair of the industry group.

“We believe the [federal] minister has taken a conservative approach in the total allowable catch for the area. Basically, directing it to be 10 percent used…which is half of what would be used in normal circumstances,” he added.

Heiltsuk woman Carrie Humchitt watches as commercial fishing boat takes in tonnes of herring fish in a disputed fishing area on the B.C. central coast near Bella Bella on Sunday. Photo by Ian McAllister.

The large commercial fishing boats came in and within 12 hours, had scooped up their quota, and finished.

Many Heiltsuk have doubts about the DFO science that justified the fishery's re-opening, saying the government's fish count tests were based on biomass gathered from such a wide area, the results have no relevance to the coastal waters of concern to Heiltsuk.

They also point to recent Harper government cutbacks of federal fishery scientists.

DFO was contacted Monday for comment, but said the department would need 24 hours to respond.

But last week, it said: "DFO respects the right to protest, however, we condemn any threat of violence or reprisal against those exercising their right to practice a lawful and sustainable fishery," the department told the Canadian Press.

herring fish underwater Ian McAllister Pacific Wild Bella Bella

Herring fish underwater near Bella Bella. Photo by Ian McAllister, Pacific Wild.

Heiltsuk leadership hoped negotiations with DFO would lead to the federal government to not allow the fishery in the disputed area seven. They also worry the herring fish caught by the commercial boats Sunday were too young.

“[If] we have another collapse we can only blame DFO and industry for mismanaging a sensitive stock that hasn’t even recovered yet,” said Humchitt.

Some thought the the Heiltsuk's legal standing would be fortified by the so-called Gladstone Supreme Court decision, that granted the nation protection of their traditional Aboriginal fishing rights.

“The problem is, at the same we were celebrating the Gladstone decision, DFO had pretty well run the fishery to pretty well near biological extinction by these huge seine boats to kill as many fish [as possible],” said Ian McAllister, a wildlife photographer and conservationist with Pacific Wild.

“The Heiltsuk have put forward a traditional fishery that by all reckoning is considered sustainable. It’s only the DFO kill fish model that is unsustainable, and this is where the two cultures collide," McAllister added.

The Heiltsuk wrote an open letter to the Jim Pattison group, which owns Canadian Fishing Company — one of nine companies operating fishing boats. The letter urges Pattison to desist from the herring fishery in their area. The company declined to comment, referring the matter to the Herring Industry Advisory Board.

Sounds fishy to me...
http://sustainability.skretting.com...limited-marine-resources/#future-commitment-2
I'm no expert on what goes into the the farm fish food here in BC but I would have not doubt that some of the herring go to the plant and are turned into food / oil for that industry.

So your local unnamed source from the local fish plant says BC herring are used in fish farm feed. That doesn't mean anything to me. Just stick with the facts jack.

Why don't your read the link and use that to support your argument?

Looked like an ad to me....
Regardless if you think it's an ad or not.
Your statement is not correct. If you don't think so bring it up with Skretting or produce some evidence to support your claim.
Fish farm feed is made up of a generic sardine, caught and processed in Chile.

Ok you win, you get the best seat at the starin' window. I've looked briefly at your see-saw climate change arguments, posting grafts, charts, all sorts of crazy stuff. I don't have the time or desire to scour the web looking for science that supports my statement, I've read some books, talked with some people,and I'm convinced I know what's going on. Have a good day :)

http://www.vancouversun.com/busines...inues+controversial+coast/10916377/story.html

Herring harvest continues to be controversial on B.C. coast

First Nations say stocks are fragile and fishing threatens recovery

By Derrick Penner, Vancouver Sun March 25, 2015 7:27 AM

Herring harvest continues to be controversial on B.C. coast
Herring fishing action Sunday, March 22 in Spiller Channel on the central coast north of Bella Bella during a short commercial seine fishery. The fishery was contested by the Heiltsuk Tribal Council.

Photograph by: Ian McAllister/Pacific Wild

The British Columbia commercial herring fishery is taking place on a sea of troubles this season.

Herring, a foundation fish in the ocean food chain, remains a staple for the commercial fishery, worth $10 million in landed value to boats in a good year. However, opinions remain divided on how well stocks have recovered after being fished to near collapse in the 1960s.

In the Strait of Georgia, where stocks are characterized as at near historic levels, the herring spawn has looked healthy but fishermen have been confounded by schools in which fish didn’t have enough roe to be commercially viable.

Officials estimate they’ve only netted half their allocated catch, with expectations for prices so low it was hard for a lot of boats to justify going out.

Outside the strait, for the second season in a row, First Nations are fighting decisions to allow catches in regions where fisheries haven’t taken place for more than a decade, in some cases.

They argue herring stocks in their territories are fragile and any commercial fishery threatens their continued recovery, despite Department of Fisheries and Oceans scientific assessments that populations have reached a level that can sustain a conservative harvest.

In defiance, the Central Coast’s Heiltsuk First Nation last week declared its territory around Bella Bella closed to the commercial herring-roe fishery and responded with outrage when DFO held a short seine boat opening Sunday, only informing the Heiltsuk once it was underway.

“It was very bad-faith on behalf of DFO,” said Marilyn Slett, Chief Councillor of the Heiltsuk Tribal Council.

Slett said they reinforced that they were opposed to the opening during a conversation with DFO’s area manager as late as Sunday afternoon, and “no sooner had we hung up the phone, we learned the test fishery was concluded, and they had already opened up the seine fishery.”

Slett said the Heiltsuk view the opening as a violation of their constitutional right and are worried that the commercial catch, which takes the fish for its roe, will jeopardize their own roe-on-kelp harvest, which collects layers of spawned eggs deposited on kelp or cedar boughs placed in the water for this purpose.

Now the Heiltsuk are worried that the commercial catch, which takes the fish for its roe, will jeopardize their own roe-on-kelp harvest, which collects layers of spawned eggs deposited on kelp or cedar boughs placed in the water for this purpose.

First Nations harvest roe for both their own food and for ceremonial purposes, as well as for commercial sale, and “those are constitutionally protected rights,” Slett said.

The Heiltsuk vowed to block the next fishery, a gillnet opening planned for later in the week, and on Tuesday carried their protest to Vancouver for a rally outside the waterfront offices of Canfisco, a big holder of commercial herring licences on the coast.

“We’re not against commercial fishing, (but) there has to be the abundance out there to support it,” Slett said.

Elsewhere, the Haida Nation Council won a Federal Court injunction March 6 barring a commercial fishery off the southern tip of Gwaii Hanaas with the ruling agreeing that fishing would risk “irreparable harm” to their interests.

The Nuu-chahl-nuth Tribal Council on the West Coast of Vancouver Island failed in their bid for a similar injunction, but Don Hall, fisheries program manager for the council, said they share the same concerns about DFO’s forecasts not matching up with the observation of aboriginal fishermen on the water.

“I’m dealing with guys who have done this all their lives, and they said there’s no way (that amount of herring) on the West Coast that spawned,” Hall said.

The DFO declined to comment, but commercial-fishing groups defend the department’s assessment process, which was revised because of accuracy concerns.

“The stock information we have indicates numbers have been increasing over the last yew years,” said Greg Thomas, executive director of the Herring Conservation Research Society, enough so to pass the cutoff point to allow commercial fishing.

And in concession to conservation concerns, “which the industry and DFO share,” Thomas said catch allocations for the central coast were half the amount they normally would for a similar forecast.

“The fishing industry is in business for the long term,” Thomas said. “If information indicates stocks are weak and likely to return below (fishing) cutoff levels, they will not fish that area.”

However, if numbers warrant, boats “need access to all these areas when there is a fishable surplus.”

In 2012, the landed value of the 13,000 tonnes of herring totalled $8.1 million to fishermen. The majority — 8,600 tonnes, worth $5.6 million — went to the roe fishery with the prized golden eggs selling primarily in Japan.

This season has been a trying harvest for fisherman, Thomas said, with the Georgia Strait fishery taking less than half its 30,000-tonne allocation with little time left, although there appears to be a lot of herring around.

Fisherman Bob Rezansoff said seine boats ran into hit-or-miss conditions where samples from the herring they corralled often didn’t contain enough females with roe of high enough quality to justify hauling nets in, so they let them go.

He added that suggested prices for herring of $200 to $300 per tonne (fishermen typically don’t learn what final prices will be until the season is over) were too low for a lot of boats to justify going out.

“I would think 75 per cent of gillnet boats decided not to fish (the Georgia Strait),” Rezansoff said. “The price wasn’t adequate for the amount of work involved.”

Thomas said peer review of DFO’s science will continue after this season and he expects DFO will hold additional meetings in all herring fishing areas around setting objectives for harvest policies.

Hall said First Nation communities are looking for more collaboration.

“Really what we’re looking for is how can we avoid this fight next year,” Hall said. “How do we start a dialogue earlier?”

depenner@vancouversun.com

Twitter.com/derrickpenner

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Herring+harvest+continues+controversial+coast/10916377/story.html

Yes, that is right; plant manager, which I don't feel the need to name on the internet as it is not fair to a hard working Canadian that is just doing her job, of the the local plant processing the herring and sending the two parts overseas and to the grinder told me this. I would say that talking to her on that very day is a pretty credible source. I could care less what it means to you, but that is as close to fact as I need.

You point out a good point that we do need to have these facts about what the public resource is being used for and it should not have to come from private citizens calling up fish plants.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...federal-office-over-herring-fishery-1.3014855

Heiltsuk First Nation occupies federal office over herring fishery

Native band disputes Fisheries and Oceans reassurances there is enough stock to support a commercial fishery

CBC News Posted: Mar 30, 2015 9:56 AM PT| Last Updated: Mar 30, 2015 9:56 AM PT

A fishing boat pulls in a net full of herring on the Central Coast of B.C. (Heiltsuk First Nation)

The Heiltsuk Nation is occupying the Department of Fisheries and Oceans' office near Bella Bella in its latest action against the opening of the contentious herring-roe fishery.

A Heiltsuk news release says about 50 members put the office on lockdown around 5:30 p.m. Sunday.

"Occupying the inside of the building and setting up tents outside on the lawn, the delegation of elected leaders, hereditary chiefs, women, and children is refusing to leave the grounds or to let anyone into the office until the Nation’s demands are met," the band said Sunday in a statement.

The First Nation is fighting what it believes to be an unsustainable commercial herring gillnet fishery in its territory, based on its own estimate of stock numbers.

The Heiltsuk met with federal officials over the issue last week and again Sunday afternoon, but failed to reach an agreement. Band official Kelly Brown says the industry took 680 tons out of the same area with a recent seine fishery and that a gillnet fishery "would only add insult to injury."

The Department of Fisheries and Oceans opened the herring-roe seine fishery near Bella Bella a week ago, saying there is enough stock to support the harvest.

The band says opening the fishery despite its opposition violates its constitutional rights.

Chief Councillor Marilyn Slett says she feels they have exhausted all means of negotiation with Fisheries and Oceans and the Heiltsuk are prepared to protect the herring by any means.

With files from the Canadian Press

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ts-out-commercial-herring-fishermen-1.3019583

Heiltsuk protest shuts out commercial herring fishermen

Four day protest leads to closure of commercial fishery on B.C. central coast

By The Early Edition, CBC News Posted: Apr 02, 2015 10:44 AM PT| Last Updated: Apr 02, 2015 10:44 AM PT

A fishing boat pulls in a net full of herring on the Central Coast of B.C. (Heiltsuk First Nation)

Commercial fishermen on herring season's end 4:43

The Heiltsuk First Nation is claiming victory after Fisheries and Oceans Canada closed the commercial herring fishery on the central coast after members of the First Nation occupied the federal agency's office on Denny Island near Bella Bella.

"It is clear that the gillnet fisherman would have liked an opportunity to fish, however in the face of on-grounds interference, protest and the threat of violence, the department had some difficult decisions to make," Greg Thomas, the chair of the Herring Industry Advisory Board told The Early Edition's Rick Cluff.

The Heiltsuk claimed herring stocks haven't recovered to the point where they could withstand a commercial fishery, and said it had voluntarily suspended its own gillnet herring licenses for the season.

Fisheries and Oceans Canada declined an interview with the CBC.

"We were committed to providing harvest opportunities where they were possible. A purse seine fishery did occur on March 22nd, yielding 690 tons of an available 800 tons. This fishery is now closed," it wrote in an e-mail statement.

"No one wins from a situation like this. There is a process to review the fishery post-season. The industry will be involved in that process … and we'll look forward to next year," said Thomas.

To hear the full interview with Greg Thomas, listen to the audio labelled: Commercial fishermen on herring season's end.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/commercial-fishermen-on-herring-season-s-end-1.3019448

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/ne...fishing-boats-forced-leave-traditional-waters

BREAKING: Heiltsuk celebrate as fishing boats forced to leave traditional waters

Jenny Uechi
|Apr 2nd, 2015

Heiltsuk Nation, Canadian politics, herring

Sue Farlinger, regional DFO director (center) speaks to crowd of Heiltsuk community members gathered outside the DFO office on Denny Island, to update on negotiations about the controversial herring fishery on Monday night. Photo by Mychaylo Prystupa.

"It is confirmed. All commercial gill-netters are exiting Heiltsuk waters," Heiltsuk First Nation councillor Jess Housty wrote on Facebook this afternoon. "They will be escorted by Heiltsuk patrol boats and we will continue to occupy DFO until they have exited our waters."

"This victory belongs to the whole community. Grateful for our relatives from other Nations, our allies everywhere...And work is already beginning to ensure this issue is never pushed to such extremes again."

"The commercial herring roe fishery all of the Central Coast Management Area (Areas 6, 7, 8) has concluded," DFO spokesperson Bate wrote in an email to The Vancouver Observer.

The federal Department of Fisheries and Oceans had been in an intense negotiation with the Heiltsuk First Nation this week, as a Heiltsuk chief councillor and several others locked themselves in the DFO office on Denny Island to protest the controversial re-opening of a herring fishery, despite fierce First Nation opposition.

After initially declining an invitation to meet the Heiltsuk, DFO’s senior B.C. manager Sue Farlinger emerged after three hours of talks with leaders on Denny Island on Tuesday, saying she needed to check with Ottawa whether the fishery would close or remain open.

Today, the First Nation community is in "high spirits", Housty said.

"It's a hard-won victory driven by the conviction of our whole Nation and all the allies who supported us," Housty told The Vancouver Observer after the decision.

"The bottom line for us is that the stocks recover and someday thrive again. Today is an important step toward that goal and I think we've shown industry and DFO very clearly that Heiltsuk will not back down from our vision for healthy herring into the future."

The re-opening of the herring fishery last year sparked controversy, as leaked emails revealed that government scientists had recommended that the fishery remain closed.

“For the three [herring fishing] areas showing signs of recovery, it is recommended that they remain closed in 2014,” DFO scientists warned.

The e-mail became public during a recent and unsuccessful legal attempt by five coastal B.C. First Nations in federal court to close the fishery.

The DFO said its science was updated in 2015, and claim a limited catch is sustainable. Bate issued the following statement:

"Science forecasts showed that the Pacific Herring stock abundance would support commercial harvest opportunities in the Central Coast of BC while meeting conservation objectives. Additional precaution was exercised in the Central Coast by setting catch levels at half the usual harvest rate of 20 per cent. The Department committed to providing harvest opportunities where they were possible."

"The Department committed to providing harvest opportunities where they were possible. A purse seine fishery did occur on March 22nd yielding 690 tons of an available 800 tons. This fishery is now closed. The season for the commercial herring roe fishery in the Central Coast Management Area has concluded."

"DFO will continue to work closely with the Heiltsuk First Nation, other First Nations and industry representatives on herring management."

Wow, I am really impressed with the Heiltsuk Nation. Great work and commitment to a cause.

It would be great if there was a way of banding together - sport fishers, first nations and commies, seafood industry, tourism, eco groups on this one. Everyone would benefit and it seems like the DFO is kind of getting it...maybe. Almost every group withe the exception of fish farm owners and processors stands to gain from not harvesting these fish. Fish farmers would likely have to find an alternate source for feed for the salmon lots. Or, start paying what the feed is truly worth, not buying the discarded roe carcass of a fish that is farmed for a declining foreign roe market. That lost roe revenue can be made up elsewhere.

More herring gives the commie fleet a great opportunity in a couple years to beef up the troll fishery in the Straight and elsewhere, which, is a better place to focus as a province if we want commercial revenue from salmon.

Be careful of what you wish for people... Remember that First Nations has its eye on a bigger share of chinook in Barkley Sound and in other areas as well. What happens when FN decides that they think recreational fishers are taking too many of THEIR fish???? There is a bigger picture that needs critical examination..... just saying.

I suspect we may have substituted one groups commercial fishery for another groups. The cynic in me questions if this is driven by conservation or power? Hope I'm wrong!

Be careful of what you wish for people... Remember that First Nations has its eye on a bigger share of chinook in Barkley Sound and in other areas as well. What happens when FN decides that they think recreational fishers are taking too many of THEIR fish???? There is a bigger picture that needs critical examination..... just saying.

I suspect we may have substituted one groups commercial fishery for another groups. The cynic in me questions if this is driven by conservation or power? Hope I'm wrong!

I'm reminded of an old saying- 'May you live in interesting times'

Back