now thats a cat fish!

quote:Originally posted by river hunter

Prior lake???Hey do you live in victoria??
I recently heard of prior lake.Someone told me that sea run cutties make their way to prior lake...is this true?

Yep, I live in Victoria

I don't think searun cutties would go there. Prior lake is a little dump just outside of Colwood that is basicly a treed-in pond with a dock. I caught a little cats few there between sunfish while trynig for trout a long time ago. I don't know how a sea-run would get there, it may be possible. We had a contest there to see how many sunfish we could catch, I think we had about 300 in one evening (We ran out of cold ones, otherwise we would have kept going). I put a few in my aquarium, (Sunfish), they look kind of cool.

The worst part about Prior is that it is kind of a "nudist" beach. NOT the cool kind that you would see on Baywatch either! So, if you choose to fish there (And I wouldn't bother unless you want to see a little catfish or record numbers of sunfish), you may just get there, shake your head, turn around and go have a stiff drink.. (Go on days that are no good for swimming!)

Back