Norway ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking along the same lines CR, seems some of the article posters here have a selective nature to their outrage at Political Cronyism.

Alternate headline: "Man with ties to NDP dating back to when Bob Rae appointed him, during which tenure he essentially bankrupted Ontario Hydro, continues to support policy authored by party he has supported for decades"

care to comment on what the past government did to the BC Hydro debt .......
"BC Hydro’s debt level has catapulted from $8.1 billion in 2008 to $20.6 billion for the 2017-2018 fiscal year."

Seems like the fiscal prudence as well as our hydro rates have not served the public well. But then again what would you expect from a government chumming the water for a quick sale.

Did you see how much work was done to the network before the Olympics? I heard from guys working at Hydro and their contractors working 7 days a week over 12 hours a day for a couple years. Lineman were making over 300k/year. Now that's just wages for field staff.

It's a little more complicated than you might think.

Well, considering a 3 man crew cost approx a million $ a year in wages, then you can add benefits, pensions, equipment used etc etc. You can multiply that cost by a few hundred I would say at least, especially taking contractors into account. But seeing as these guys lose approx half their wages in tax, I wouldn't get too upset.

Then you look into the cost of the extremely top heavy management there. Office/land leases etc etc.

Then look at Material costs for both electrical equipment and then the BIG ticket item, safety equipment/training.

I guess you can call it anecdotal, but I know the industry.

BC Hydro is typical of how a government entity is run, I agree that Site C isn't the most fiscally sound project on the books, but even without it, this organization seems like a lost cause. Too many "educated" people and not enough common sense.

Remind me how this relates to electric cars?

I agree that Site C isn't the most fiscally sound project on the books.......

Remind me how this relates to electric cars?

At last something we can agree on...... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back