Northwest Aluminum Craft, what do they ride like?

Brent is a great designer. His only drawback is that he is a minimalist and prefers a spartan interior and low cost equipment. However I built my boat with a Herreshoff style interior, and the boat was beautiful inside and out. When I sold my boat, the first person who looked at it bought it. Note that I used a custom aluminum mast, all modern winches, windlass, etc. There is not a thing wrong with Brent's designs, they are sea kindly, balance perfectly, and extremely seaworthy.

Coldwaters are the epitome of a well crafted alloy fishing vessel and were in the running when I bought my Ocean Sport in 2007. I have fished on a couple of walkaround 33's and was impressed. My grandparents were best friends with the Nyblods growing up in Marysville as well and our families both had commercial fishing roots. Anymore my opinions on diesels is go straight shaft or forget it. Even the stout looking Konrad dp drives seem to have some parasitic losses and other issues. I know North River will be in no hurry to hang another on one of their builds. A 37' is a big heavy platform though and I am not sure outboards would be the answer either. Love the one your with at least until you can't afford her!

the Nyblods treated me right and continue to do so. I also considered an Ocean Sport but came across the CW with just three years on her..love the one your with and i think it might work with three Yamaha V8 on the transom...might she is 24 K lbs.
my buddy just took delivery this spring of the Lindell 42

Just reviving this thread rather than making a new one.....anyone out there have any updated info on NWAC costs/wait time. I'm considering making the move to a bigger aluminum and love the northwest aluminum craft boats. Ideally looking for a cookie cutter 27x9.5 guide build that I'd finish myself but am curious on the build price/ wait time. I've heard different things about the builder regarding "popping in" to ask questions and don't want to get blacklisted from getting a hull built so any info appreciated before reaching out directly to the builder.

Cheers

Just reviving this thread rather than making a new one.....anyone out there have any updated info on NWAC costs/wait time. I'm considering making the move to a bigger aluminum and love the northwest aluminum craft boats. Ideally looking for a cookie cutter 27x9.5 guide build that I'd finish myself but am curious on the build price/ wait time. I've heard different things about the builder regarding "popping in" to ask questions and don't want to get blacklisted from getting a hull built so any info appreciated before reaching out directly to the builder.

Cheers
The easiest way to find out without bugging Doug would be to send an email. He or Sarah will get back to you.
I know when I took delivery of ours a couple of years ago he was talking about retirement in the not so distant future so I wouldn't put it off too long.
Incidentally,I never found phoning to be a problem either.
I know that he was finding problems finding staff so that may be a reason why he doesn't like people just turning up as he himself is busy.
Good luck .

The easiest way to find out without bugging Doug would be to send an email. He or Sarah will get back to you.
I know when I took delivery of ours a couple of years ago he was talking about retirement in the not so distant future so I wouldn't put it off too long.
Incidentally,I never found phoning to be a problem either.
I know that he was finding problems finding staff so that may be a reason why he doesn't like people just turning up as he himself is busy.
Good luck .
Thanks for your advice, greatly appreciated I will try calling tomorrow. Cheers

Kyle

Back