North River Seahawk OS Boats

Yes I had a 33' x 11' Eaglecraft built. The North River feels like a scalpel and the Eaglecraft feels like a cleaver. Both are fantastic boats for these waters. The North River cuts the water better with it sharp forefoot, but the Eaglecraft just pushes the water out of the way with it's displacement. The North River can do 50mph and can cruise all day long mid 30's efficiently.

The Eagle has cruise speed of 30mph and WOT of 35mph.

I would be happy travelling in either one.

What power/drives are you running in the Eaglecraft?

bending your knees to look out the window seems like a lot cheaper option to me.
Depends on your perspective and value system. I’m 6’6” and totally understand this concern. I probably duck to look thru the cabin 300-400 times in a full day of fishing. You’d be surprised how much this wrecks your back over the season. I value my back a heck of a lot more than the prospect of saving money, as the debilitating effects will surely cost more $ and quality of life over time.

Reactions: BCI
I have owned, crewed and operated Almars and NR boats up to 30’ and they are very good boats. The hulls are very preditable and sea kindly and are popular with the offshore crews out of the WA ports. Hard to go wrong with these boats. In the last 5 years I think the attention to detail has improved in the NR line. For example, the wiring used to be a bit weak and is much better now. GL with search

I agree with BCI on the price change over time on alloy boats. I have a price quote from about 4 years ago on the exact boat I am having built now and it's basically 20% plus more in cost. That is just the price change in the hull. I remind my wife that I should of done it 4 years ago when she originally gulped at the price! lol But it comes down to what you can afford or at least stomach in the end...imo Just enjoy it and it is all good...
The problem though, as I see it, is there's only about 1% of 1% of the population that can afford to purchase that kind of boat, in terms of resale. So your audience for re-selling it is extremely small. With these boats now costing 200k to 300k dollars, a person has to either be, very well-off, considering you can buy a new 1 bedroom condo in Victoria for 369k, or you have to be willing to take out a mortgage on a boat.

With the salmon fishery the way it is, and the threat of the DFO shutting it down all together on the south island, it's a scary proposition to be sure!! There could be a lot of people in the fishing industry out of business in short order and a lot of boats for sale. But they are sooooo sweet aren't they lol ;)

Last edited:
Oh I agree that it's a huge price tag these days. Up to each person what they can afford or stomach to say the least. I do know that there is always s a buyer for anything if it's well kept. I can tell you that before I bought most builders were a pay a deposit and then get in line as there doesn't seem to be a shortage of buyers at the moment regardless of what's going on fishing wise. Depending on the brand of boat on a lot they also seemed to be not lasting long. There was a noticeable increase in the marina I fish out of this year with new pricy boats and most were BC registrations on them and not just WA for a change. Work a couple extra 28 shifts and pull the trigger! lol

Last edited:
Back