nootka think it`s worth going

S

scottyboy

sapose 2 be heading with family to fish nootks as of the 6th tell 12th of august , first time last year had a blast boat worked great there . anyways seems the fishing is still relatively slow . and my wife being on strike now , considering on cancelling . i really need up 2 date reports on the fishing in nootka 2 help us make up are minds , since it`s not 3 buddy`s going this year just my family the total bill is on me . if it`s hot fishing i will go , but if not i`ll hit reny and sooke. thanx and tight lines scotty

Sounds like its been awsome from every report i've gotten in the last week!!! I would say pack up and go for sure!

I'm going up on the 10th . the person Im staying with in tahsis went out mon and tues cought his limit both days 25,28,31,35 said it was hot.

Looks like those going this week and the next will hit it perfect.... works out well that opening is the same day i come out!!!:D

I just got back on Monday and landed 21 springs in 2 1/2 days fishing but spend more then 50% of the time trying to find halis. Spring fishing was great considering the amount of time we fished for them. I would leave again tomorrow if my wife let me.

So in your 50% of the time searching did you manage to find any hali's???? Been trying to find out where to go for the big ones... only ever managed to grab them in the 15-20lb range at the south end

hey salty looks like were just going to slip in before the commercial opening. Thats a good thing because those mothers clean the water out, remember b.bay last year for the chums.

I was just up there for 5 days and we only got 8 springs and at the marina we stayed at we seemed to be doing the best. check out my report on nootka report and cooments.

Got out the charts for Nootka Sound and had a looksee at this commercial opening. I don`t believe it will have any affect on recreational fishing in Nootka for this season. They are only opening Tlupana Inlet from 3 cove bay to the bend at the top. This area is well past the prime fishing areas and for a change, the commercial guys get the fish that get by us !! They`ve even asked the commercial boats to go slow and not "rock our boats" as they head past and up the inlet.:)
Their opening is for 2- 7.5 hour periods from 8:30 pm til 4:00 am August 14th and 15th.
Tight lines all !!

Back